Soldano GTO reissue - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Soldano GTO reissue

I've been a total Soldano junkie since I bought my SLO in 2005. It has been my main amp ever since. I currently also own a Hot Rod 25 (for smaller gigs) and an astroverb 16 1x12 combo. The clarity and 3D organic overdrive tone of a soldano has just become all I ever need. Some days, I like to travel really light and enjoy taking my astroverb to rehearsal. However, I play in a cover band and the astroverb is one channel. So, I recently bought a MINT GTO supercharger reissue to turn my astroverb into a two channel amp. I set the amp preamp around 5 for a nice crunch or clean (with volume rolled off) and then engage the GTO for my overdrive channel. Wow. I was completely floored by how nice this GTO sounds ....that very familiar liquid organic high gain tone I love on my SLO and HR25. Just really impressed, although I guess not too surprised as I'm used to being blown away by Soldano products. If you have ever thought about getting one of these to use into a tube amp that doesn't have a high gain channel,,,I'm recommending it. I'm used to my SLO and HR 25, and I'm telling you, the GTO and astroverb get me into that soldano "hairs on end and smile on my face" singing liquid gain tone. Any noise issue that some speak of with the original GTO pedals is non-existent with the new wall wart external power transformer. Hopefully, Mike and BAD will put out some awesome new soldano products going forward, but I'm going to always treasure and rely on my "handbuilt in Seattle" soldano gear.

Last edited by JemSLO; 10-11-2019 at 06:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 12:48 AM

Re: Soldano GTO reissue

Sounds like an awesome setup. I would like to check out a Soldano SLO myself. Is yours a 100 watt head? What cab do you play it through?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 10:47 AM Thread Starter

Re: Soldano GTO reissue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_Jagermeistro_00 View Post
Sounds like an awesome setup. I would like to check out a Soldano SLO myself. Is yours a 100 watt head? What cab do you play it through?
Yeah, all SLO 100 amps are 100 watts. I've settled on the same speakers soldano recommends...the Eminence Legend V12. I have these speakers in an old 2x12 ADA split stack cab, in a Marshall 1960A 4x12 cab, in my Astroverb 1x12 amp, and in a custom built 1x12 cab I often use with the Hot Rod 25. Most gigs with the SLO I use the ADA cab, outdoor summer events I often take the Marshall cab.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode