spider 3/cubase problems - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

spider 3/cubase problems

Hi, Im having some issues with cubase. Im a novice when it comes to recording anything. I dont need studio quality, just something to record some stuff with so the singer can listen to it.

Im currently running a line 6 spider III amp directly into the "line in" port on the back of my computer.

I can record in cubase sx 3 but when I play it back it's much quieter and it makes it virtually (bad pun) impossible to record another track over it because I cant hear what im playing over. To reiterate, ive hooked the line 6 straight into the computer, I can hear the guitar out of the speakers, I can play/record but when I play it back it is noticeably quieter than the volume of the guitar through the speakers while im not recording.

This maybe related, when I first set the input to "line in" in cubase I got this weird perpetual loop coming out of the speakers. It would just get louder and louder and never stop. I had to lower the slider in the bottom right hand corner to stop the loop. When I hover over the slider it says its "level control (output channel 1)"

Any help would be much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: spider 3/cubase problems

That's the issue--you have the input level too low.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2012, 09:54 PM

You need an interface at the very least to get the analog output of anything guitar related to the digital world of teh computer.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-17-2012, 12:04 PM

Reviews: 18

Go buy a Firestudio Mobile.

Jimmy
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-28-2012, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

ok, thanks guys. In the process of getting an interface, probably a lexicon alpha.

Good enough for who its for...

Tags
cubase levels , cubase low volume

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode