Steve Vai Crossroads and Brutal Legend 80's Lead Tone! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-01-2010, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
Steve Vai Crossroads and Brutal Legend 80's Lead Tone!

I have been playing a lot of brutal legend on my 360 and i have to say some of the effects they use on their tones are just wicked. I love a lot of 80's lead effects and i was wondering what tese two examples mentioned in the title would be using?

I am going to try using my boss GT6 in the effects loop of my mesa F50 to literally just put on some modulation stuff on top of my dry signal.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Ian.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-12-2010, 12:05 AM

Reviews: 3
Re: Steve Vai Crossroads and Brutal Legend 80's Lead Tone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_void86 View Post
I have been playing a lot of brutal legend on my 360 and i have to say some of the effects they use on their tones are just wicked. I love a lot of 80's lead effects and i was wondering what tese two examples mentioned in the title would be using?

I am going to try using my boss GT6 in the effects loop of my mesa F50 to literally just put on some modulation stuff on top of my dry signal.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Ian.
luv the 80's !!!!! play with compression, lots of drive and some type of doubling effect, like a good chorus or tight delay...
hate to sound like a geek, but listen to some original stryper, and you''ll hear some great lead tones...
also, you might want to consider some type of eq, cause i find the f 50 amp is very dark sounding...

Last edited by mtldad; 08-12-2010 at 12:07 AM. Reason: more info

Tags
80's lead tone steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode