Strap choice for blue jem - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 04:19 PM Thread Starter

Strap choice for blue jem

Hi,
Apologies for the frivolous nature of this...

I'm about to get a new strap for my vsbl, I'm thinking about getting a dimarzio cliplock.
This means I have a choice of colours, the local shops don't stock them so I'd like some recomendations...
Black would be the safe choice but how about the blue one, it's hard to tell how close it is to the guitar colour, I suspect white would be a bit ott?

I presume these fit onto a jem without any problems as lots of people seem to use them.

Oh and a link for a uk supplier would be cool...

Thanks
John P.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 01:25 AM
Fry

I put white dimarzio cliplock straps on all my guitars. (Black, white, and blue guitars). It won't look funky at all with a white strap, but it will with a blue strap, if the color is off.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 01:57 AM

I second the white option. Black is a safe bet too. Blue won't look right unless it matches perfectly -- and I'm sure it won't. Even if it did, I think it would take away from the guitar.

You'll probably have to do a little mod-work to get the guitar to accept the clip-lock straps. Do a search for more information.

It might be a little off-topic, but I'm partial to the "Police line - do not cross" straps Tony MacAlpine wears.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 02:14 AM

Black goes with anything. I have black DiMarzio Clip Locks on my red Ibanez JS.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 02:18 AM

I would say the white or the black. Like the others said, those ones pretty much go with everything. The other colours have to be spot-on the right tones otherwise it will look "off" and a bit awful. You gotta love those straps though!
Gary - The.Godfather
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 02:25 AM

I'd go with the black, the blue is very blue. I bought a blue one to go on my (black) UV777Bk, thinking it would look cool - it didn't!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 05:38 AM

I went with the wide white cotton, never looked back. It really is a blue + white guitar, not a pure blue.
That's why i swapped the knobs for blue strat styles with white writing
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 10:39 AM

You should match the strap w/ the shirt colours you are most likely to wear, NOT the guitar. If you wear a variety of colours then just stick w/ black. Fashion-wise that's the way to go.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 01:23 PM

I also highly recommend Dunlop Straploks also. I've had good luck with them. The holes on the ends of the DiMarzio Cliplock straps need to be bored out more and inserting the mechanisimonto the strap takes some elbow grease.

I hate having the clip ends dangle from the guitar in the case but I love these straps so I had to make this happen. You can get these Straploks in Black, Chrome, or Gold. They are made with a classic LP-style strap button or with a more modern type that more closely resembles the ones used on Jems.

Mike 777 Haug
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 02:09 PM
Fry

Go buy some esp strap screws. that's what i do. The screws fit perfectly, and their threads are bigger, so no worries about rippin it out of your guitar. You won't need to bore out your straplock either.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 02:23 PM

Re: Strap choice for blue jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemongrass
Hi,

Thanks
John P.
etrucci?
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

etrucci? if only

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll probably get a black one to safe...

Cheers
John P.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 02:33 AM

I'd say no to Cliplocks.

Buy a good wide leather strap and Schaller straplocks. Comfortable and solid.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 07:12 PM

white dimarzio straplock
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 12:13 AM

I want to get one of those awesome electric green ones. However, my favorite strap right now is the Get 'M Get 'M strap I have on my 1527. It's bright, shiny pink with gold Asian decorations on it.

Tags
cliplock strap , cliplock straps , dimarzio clip lock , dimarzio cliplock , dimarzio cliplock strap , dimarzio cliplock straps , dimarzio strap , strap button , strat style , tony macalpine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode