STUDIO MONITORING: BALANCED TRS vs. RCA OUTPUTS - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

STUDIO MONITORING: BALANCED TRS vs. RCA OUTPUTS

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to ask a question regarding the outputs from my Recording Interface to my studio monitors.

What I currenly have is the Lexicon Alpha USB Recording interface and the MAUDIO AV40 studiophile monitors.

I have the RCA out from the Lexicon ALpha going into the RCA input of my Monitors. I noticed that there are Line Outs from the Interface and I read that these are TRS Balanced Line Outputs. On my Monitors there are TRS Inputs as well.

What I have right now is that the RCA outputs from my Interface goes to the RCA inputs of the Monitors for monitoring.

I just wanted to know what kind of difference will it make if I try monitoring my sound using the Lexicon Alpha's TRS Balanced Line Outputs connected to the TRS Line Inputs of the studiophile Monitors. Will the sound be better compared to that when it's connected via RCA? And what kind of cable should I get? Is it a regular Speaker cable I need to connect them?

Thank you so much in advanced for the help

-Louie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 08:17 PM

Reviews: 18
Re: STUDIO MONITORING: BALANCED TRS vs. RCA OUTPUTS

I don't think it'll make that much of a difference but the signal will be a bit cleaner. This is what I currently have hooked up to my Studiophile BX8a Deluxes:

http://www.mogamicable.com/cab_assem...ssemblies.html

Gold TRS-XLRM

Jimmy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode