Suggest me some rack case - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Suggest me some rack case

I´m looking for a simple plastic rack case, 6U, for the following units :

Mesa 290
Mesa TriAxis
Marshall JMP-1
TC G-Major
Furman PL-PLUS

You guys think any SKB would be strong enough to hold the power-amp there (31,5 lbs or 15 kilos) ?

What about Gator cases ? I´ve been told they suck...

Thanks for any imput
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 01:21 AM

You could get a mesa shockmount case. They kick ass and are pretty durable. Pricey though, just like everything else they make.

Pete
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 01:48 AM

The SKB would be fine, that's what I've got for all my stuff. The gator cases are fine if you're not going to take your rack anywhere, they are just a little brittle. The SKB seems to be a more durable plastic.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 02:45 AM

Hi there,

my advice: go for a rack with more units than you need now (e.g. now go for 8 or even), you'll find somthing else that you need (a tuner, or something).

They will not cost much more than a 6U (used gear, that is). Disadvantage: More to carry around.

Good luck,
Lenny
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 10:24 AM

I've had both the SKB shockmount racks and the Mesa shockmount racks, and the Mesa is FAR superior to the SKB in every possible way. Much better construction, a bit more compact and a better shockmounting system. If you're going to actually be lugging the rack around, Mesa's casters are way better than the seperate platform that you'd have to buy for the SKB cases.

Here's my current 10-space Mesa rack setup:
http://members.aol.com/vaijem777/Riverarig.jpg
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 10:40 AM

I've had both the SKB shockmount racks and the Mesa shockmount racks, and the Mesa is FAR superior to the SKB in every possible way. Much better construction, a bit more compact and a better shockmounting system. If you're going to actually be lugging the rack around, Mesa's casters are way better than the seperate platform that you'd have to buy for the SKB cases.

Here's my current 10-space Mesa rack setup:
http://members.aol.com/vaijem777/Riverarig.jpg
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the replies.

Gotta check the Mesa shockmount, either way, an SKB.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 04:27 PM

Check out this site for some decent priced racks. They have a section of specials with some good deals on shock mount racks too.

http://www.discount-distributors.com/
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem777az
Check out this site for some decent priced racks. They have a section of specials with some good deals on shock mount racks too.

http://www.discount-distributors.com/
Oh thanks. I was looking for that.
I tried to find some places to buy, but couldn´t find.

Well, not so expensive, not so cheap, they´re fine !
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 05:50 PM

Reviews: 12
Quote:
I've had both the SKB shockmount racks and the Mesa shockmount racks, and the Mesa is FAR superior to the SKB in every possible way. Much better construction, a bit more compact and a better shockmounting system.

I second on the Mesa rack. I have 6 space Mesa shockmount rack with casters. Both my Studio Pre and 50/50 were in it and it's been banged around during transportation but the amp works great with no problems I'm sure the amp will still work after a big rig hits it lol. I've been through a few racks, namely SKB's, but the Mesa rack is definitely a keeper.

Reg
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasbane
Quote:
I've had both the SKB shockmount racks and the Mesa shockmount racks, and the Mesa is FAR superior to the SKB in every possible way. Much better construction, a bit more compact and a better shockmounting system.

I second on the Mesa rack. I have 6 space Mesa shockmount rack with casters. Both my Studio Pre and 50/50 were in it and it's been banged around during transportation but the amp works great with no problems I'm sure the amp will still work after a big rig hits it lol. I've been through a few racks, namely SKB's, but the Mesa rack is definitely a keeper.

Reg

Reg :

How much did you pay and where did you buy your 6U Mesa shockmount ?
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 08:59 PM

Reviews: 12
Heh... I bought it from some guy out in the area (about an hour away driving) who was selling it around a year ago... for $100. I know they go for much more than that but I knew it was a steal

Reg
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-20-2003, 01:47 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasbane
Heh... I bought it from some guy out in the area (about an hour away driving) who was selling it around a year ago... for $100. I know they go for much more than that but I knew it was a steal

Reg
Good price...

Tags
marshall jmp , mesa triaxis , rack setup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode