Sweet deal on a starter pack! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

Sweet deal on a starter pack!

I found this deal on the friendly musician site and placed an order.

http://www.***************.com/produ...Amp?sku=514492

This may not be everyones cup of tea, but this works out great for me. My son gets a decent starter pack, and I get to borrow the amp from time to time.

The guitar by itself is $269...go figure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 07:30 PM

Re: Sweet deal on a starter pack!

Heck yea dude. My daughter wanted to learn to play and liked the classical guitar so she got a starter pack also. No way would I spend alot for her starting off. After filling down the nut slots a bit it is actually a decent one.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

Cool. I was planning to get a valve jr. anyway so this came at the right time. These things really sound good for such an inexpensive amp.

From what I'm reading the guitar shouldn't be too bad.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 10:36 PM
Banned

i bought my son a fender squire (kids size) xmas gone,cost me £100-$200.he just plays through my line6 flextone111.so xmas day evening i was in the shower and i heard him playing (he just plays smoke on the water riff and other easy riffs) and i thought hey that sounds great for a cheap kiddies strat,sure enough i get out of the shower hes only playing my 7vwh hehehe,i said whats up with your new guitar,he said ah its ok dad but your white guitar is way better can i have your white guitar for xmas instead.yeah right son.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2008, 10:49 PM
Banned

All that for $250? Info I'll pass along.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 01:44 AM

Reviews: 2

Oops, edit. Thought you guys were talking about the SG with Valve Jr, but that's the LP in the link. I was going to say, the SG package is $200 (only for a day though).

Last edited by Stygian; 03-27-2008 at 01:54 AM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 01:59 AM

I apologize for the hijack, but how are those Valve Jr. amps? I remember looking at the specs and being impressed, and I'm definitely in the market for a new little practice amp to kick around.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stygian View Post
Oops, edit. Thought you guys were talking about the SG with Valve Jr, but that's the LP in the link. I was going to say, the SG package is $200 (only for a day though).
Yep, the black SG pack is only $200! I missed that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyperfection View Post
I apologize for the hijack, but how are those Valve Jr. amps? I remember looking at the specs and being impressed, and I'm definitely in the market for a new little practice amp to kick around.
I buddy of mine brought his over a couple weeks ago and I've wanted one ever since. It just has a great warm tube tone. It has limited options though with just the one volume control. Pair it up with a good distortion pedal and you're set. The combo amp by itself goes for $150.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 04:10 AM

Reviews: 2

That SG pack is back for $200 again. One day deal (again). Too bad I don't need a combo amp nor like the body style of the guitar.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

I received the Les Paul pack last Friday. I am pleasantly surprised by the quality of the guitar. The frets needed some attention and the setup some slight tweeking, but it's now a decent playing axe.

I was worried about hum issues with the amp, but this is a new version of the combo, and this problem has been corrected.

My son is loving it. This was a great purchase.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-01-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyperfection View Post
I apologize for the hijack, but how are those Valve Jr. amps?
they sound good before they start breaking up (a very low volume.)

once you turn it up at all it goes into overdrive, which would only be useful in a 70s 'metal' band, in which you are trying to get that vintage 'bad' guitar tone.. its horrible in all honesty.. go for a low watt fender

Tags
combo amp , distortion pedal , les paul , practice amp , tube tone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in