Switchblade.. opinions please - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Switchblade.. opinions please

Am looking at getting one.. any one used one? got one?

I certainly like the initial sound and idea.. but would appreciate some feedback from you guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 05:09 PM

Re: Switchblade.. opinions please

You talking about the sound sculpture switcher or the H&K amp or what?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

hughes and kettner amp sorry
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:37 AM

Reviews: 7

I tried it (50w combo) and I liked it. the clean was sweet and the distorted channel had a great raw sound. I didn't like the crunchy sounds, so I went for a Randall RG50. But when I went trying amps the switchblade would have been my second choice. (hope you understand what I mean there's a bit of confusion in my writing, sorry for my english)
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 07:06 AM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeboRock91 View Post
I tried it (50w combo) and I liked it. the clean was sweet and the distorted channel had a great raw sound. I didn't like the crunchy sounds, so I went for a Randall RG50. But when I went trying amps the switchblade would have been my second choice. (hope you understand what I mean there's a bit of confusion in my writing, sorry for my english)
The Switchblade Halfstack sounds much better than the combo version.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 07:31 AM

Reviews: 2

I tested them several times, heads and combo's, and owned the 100watt 2x12 combo. In terms of versatility combined with analog tube signal, it's the best I've seen. Too bad other amp builders don't incorporate this.

The several "'channels" from Clean to Ultra have a broad range of tones, but you have to hear it for yourself. It's not a Marshall, it's not a Boogie or a Carvin, it's a H&K and it has it's own distinguished type of overdrive sound. There was the problem for me, it's a pure subjective thing, so make sure you test one.

The fx... yeah well, nice feature, it's a series of presets that can be usable. The Delay and the verb a quite nice. So If you like the sound of H&K... then it's hard to go wrong I guess. Good luck
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 11:48 AM

Reviews: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodandtears View Post
Am looking at getting one.. any one used one? got one?

I certainly like the initial sound and idea.. but would appreciate some feedback from you guys
I had one for almost 2 years. It's a great amp and the features are fantastic. I was using the 100 watt head and a 4 X 12 cabinet but it was too loud so I went and sold the head but it was great while I had it. VERY reliable in the studio and live. I had it in a rack-switching rig that had the Switchblade and the ZenTera in it.

Xander
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 12:35 PM

Reviews: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverEra View Post
The Switchblade Halfstack sounds much better than the combo version.
yeah I bet, but I couldn't affort that version and I would have had also problems with transport, with an Halfstack.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 04:58 PM

hi mate, i`ve got the trilogy which is the same thing minus the onboard effects, can`t fault it...sounds great for most things and has been faultless for 3years hard work. hope this helps ! rob
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2009, 05:14 PM Thread Starter

cheers rob.. you still got my old LNG??
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2009, 03:53 PM

Smile Re: Switchblade.. opinions please

yes indeed mate, have tried to sell it and chickened out at last min ! i guess i`m keeping it lol ;-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode