Synthesizer - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2010, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Synthesizer

So I'm looking for a synthesizer suitable for playing stuff like "The Doors", "Pink Floyd" etc. My budget is around ~ 750$. There are a couple of synthesizers laying around in my local shop: Yamaha MM6 and Korg X50. No idea if those are any good or suitable for this case. I'm not too familiar with keyboards myself, just trying to help my band mate, piano player, out to make a right decision. Any keyboards players here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 05:24 AM

Reviews: 4
Re: Synthesizer

Alesis Micron.
best going.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 10:21 AM

Is your friend comfortable around computers?
If yes, he can get awesome sounds with software synths loaded on his pc/mac and played through his master keyboard. A fully weighted 88 key master keyboard is around 400 euros.
Software synths (ie Native Instruments's Abynth or FM8 ) are around 180 euros, so if he already has a laptop and a sound card he has many options.
If not, he could try the used market. I've seen Roland Fantoms going around 750$ on the bay.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2010, 12:26 PM

my advice would be an M50.. great library of sounds to cover pretty much anything... great gigging board... light, sturdy, easy to program and use... flexible output options... and cheap... comparatively

X50 is good but more limited... Yamaha board is ok too.

if your not used to keyboard keys the its big brother has fully weighted keys... not sure how important that factor will be... some keyboard players like keyboard to feel like keyboards some like em to feel like pianos.... theres about $400 difference in that decision alone.

Tags
synthesizer doors floyd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode