T.C. G-major - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-01-2007, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

T.C. G-major

I wonder how much noise is normal when using this through an effects loop? Right now I'm running it through my carvin Legacy using 2 five foot george l cables. I wonder if a little noise is normal. Plus, what do you guys set your in/output knobs to? Right now my input is at 5 o clock, my output is at 12 o clock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 05:18 AM

Reviews: 26
Re: T.C. G-major

hey dude..try the setting up the noise gate from the Gmajor...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 05:34 AM Thread Starter

yeah, thanks, I think the problem I was having is that I was playing at bedroom volumes, so the noise gate was killing my sound at such a low volume, so I had to turn it off. I was just reading up on the noise gate in the manual and will set it up tomorow at practice when I can turn my amp up. Thanks for the reply
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 05:48 AM

any noise is probably mostly from your amp or guitar not the gmajor, but the gmajor noise gate will help fix that..

the in/out knobs will be different for everyones setup..
basically you select between consumer and pro input ranges, one is more sensitive to input than the other, then setup your amp volume and input knob volume kinda at the same time to achieve the input levels reccomended in the manual..
amp volume can be whatever you think best for driving the amp nicely, then the input knob to adjust input levels. don't push the input knob full bore, it may create noise(guessing) in which case change to pro input range and try it then or maybe it was consumer? can't remember..
then for your output just whatever you want to play at. think of this as your new master volume control if you have a regular setup. don't adjust volume on the amp anymore if your input levels are perfect enough..

you can change the output range in i/o settings to make that knob dial in REALLY loud or really quiet volumes.

hope it helps, sorry if you already know most of this, it's just a recap cos you asked about the knobs..
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 07:43 AM

Reviews: 1

Good points mentioned here, also if you adjust your noise gate properly, you won't have your sound squashed by the gate. Just slowly increase the gating effect until you hear your natural hum begin to die off, the slightest touch from your guitar should open the gate and not impede your tone.

Bamm
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-02-2007, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

good advice, thanks guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode