taiming my marshall jcm 2000 tsl 100 lead channel - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-10-2003, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

taiming my marshall jcm 2000 tsl 100 lead channel

I own a marshall tsl 100 amp.Is there any way to quiet that lead channel, It's very hot ,an noisey.I want to bring it to an authorized amp repairman to see what I can do,but first I want to know my options.Anyone out there please help.
Thanks [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 09:21 AM

I have a TSL and found the same problem, along with fizzy buzzy distortion on the crunch and lead channels. I have found that these heads are very sensitive to the input power they are feed...they act pretty tame with good quality clean power, however with bad power or in an area with some electrical noise they behave like a 2 year old on crack. Fixing the problem will likely require some circuit modifications, so depending on the age of your head you might blow your warranty unless it's looked at by a service center. I'd take it in and let someone tinker with it. It could be as simple as adding some basic filtering circuitry but the trick is where to put it....these heads have seven printed circuit boards inside and there's not a lot of extra space laying around.

I sent my head to Voodoo Amps for some customized modifications and the noise is gone...he fixes all that as part of his basic service. It is tons quieter now than in stock form and it sounds incredible and it is extremely resonsive and dynamic.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-11-2003, 10:28 AM
Banned

I agree, I have played through a few of them and experienced the same problem. It's just like comparing a Boss DS1 to a Keeley mod. Marshalls are mass produced with very cheap components. By upgrading the curcuitry, you will rid the amp of alot of the noise etc...
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-13-2003, 01:34 PM

I personally am not aware of this as being typical of these amps. I have one, too, and I am not having problems like that. I'me very happy with the clear tone I get on all channels. Before you go searching for a service center, try contacting their product support. If you are in the US, it's through Korg USA. There are a lot of features on the amp so is it possible it could be the way something is set? If it does need repair, go to www.korgusa.com. There is a list of sevice centers on there. If you are not in the US or you purchased it outside the US, contact the Marshall distributor from that country.

Mike 777 Haug

Tags
keeley mod , marshall tsl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode