Tell me about some good cabs!!! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Tell me about some good cabs!!!

Hey guys!
I'm sure a lot of you have read of my preamp quest... so the next logical thing to look into is good cabs!
I'm leaning towards a 4x12 of some sort. I'd also like it to be as cost-effiecient { in other words, CHEAP ! } as possible, and still have a great sound. Any suggestions? I'm thinking Marshall 1960B. They can be had for about $250 or so, and from what i understand, they sound great.
There's an Ampeg 4x10 cab at a local music store. I don't really know anything about it. It's $200. Would that be a good buy?
I'm open to any suggestions, so please offer any advice that you have!
Thanks,
Ben
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 02:21 PM

Do a search for "speaker cab" and you'll get 42 discussions about speaker cabinets.

An Ampeg 4x10 is most likely intended for use with a bass amp, paired with a 1x15 or 1x18.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 02:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson

An Ampeg 4x10 is most likely intended for use with a bass amp, paired with a 1x15 or 1x18.
Yeah, that was my first thought... the salesguy said it could be used with either. but still....
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 02:57 PM

yes, ampeg does make a 4x10 geared towards guitar frequencies...so does Marshall, and probably alot of other companies....and guitar players do use bass cabs for guitar as well...I can not think of any national people but I had an aquaintance in a band from somewhere in Cali that used an Ampeg 8x10 for guitar and it sounded pretty good...late, Tobe
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-09-2003, 03:25 PM

Behringer cabs!!! $199, but worth 5 times that! There is another post on here where we discussed cabs in detail.

Tags
bass amp , darren wilson , guitar players , local music store , music store , speaker cab

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode