Tell us about your set-up (guitar gear) - Page 3 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-20-2019, 10:34 PM

Re: Tell us about your set-up (guitar gear)

The "office" from last night:

(Second guitar, not pictured was a tele in drop d for a cover).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 02:01 PM

Reviews: 21

Guitars: RG's the AZ242, and a FRM150.

Amp: Marshall Valvestate 100w. (I've been playing this forever but I might change to an EVH 50w or the Positive Grid Bias Mini. I know - not similar....)

Pedals (in order currently): Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah -> TS9 -> Boss DS-1 -> EHX Holy Stain -> EHX Small Stone -> Ibanez AF-2 Flanger -> EHX Neo Clone Chorus -> Boss DD-3 -> Topanga Reverb.
Sometimes I'll switch out the Holy Stain with a Holy Grail next to the Topanga. The Topanga is awesome but niche surf reverb. Sometimes I'll throw in an EHX Good Vibes too.

Cable: Monster cable.

Last edited by mike570; 01-21-2019 at 02:32 PM.
post #33 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 05:45 PM

2013 JEM7VWH (refretted with stainless steel), Ibanez MA2HSH solid black (never use), Ibanez SR1205E Bass, Line 6 Helix Floor, Sony MDR-7506 headphones.
post #34 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 01:53 PM

Reviews: 6

Guitars are RG 550 LTD from 95 with EVO2 and EVO neck pickups, Kawai Aquarius from 1983 and the below pedals and amp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2019-01-05 IMG_0271.JPG (1.96 MB, 53 views)
post #35 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-26-2019, 04:20 PM

Just wanted to say,,,,as an update,,,,I've been gigging with my Soldano Hot Rod 25 head for some smaller shows lately. Using the same TC electronic Gmajor 2 in the loop and all of the same gear as with my SLO...and compliments have been non stop. Lower wattage and the amp just "sings" at a much lower setting. I was even forgetting to stomp on my TS9 for a bump for leads, as this amp was already dripping with so many overtones...... Keeping the overdrive preamp setting around 7 as on my SLO, and the master volume around 4.....just hair raising lusciousness. What a sweet amp. I would illustrate this amp as one of those beehives just dripping honey all over the forest floor and accessible to even the smallest bear cub. Whereas the SLO,,,,in a bigger outdoor or indoor gig setting, gets there too with just a bit more volume. The SLO is like a massive dripping beehive , but not as easy to get to as the HR25.....like a bigger luscious hive but much more massive and higher up in a much bigger tree......need the momma bear to access it They both provide the sweet honey nectar, just in different situations. The HR 25 gets there right away in a smaller room.

Last edited by JemSLO; 01-26-2019 at 04:42 PM.
post #36 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 12:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemSLO View Post
Just wanted to say,,,,as an update,,,,I've been gigging with my Soldano Hot Rod 25 head for some smaller shows lately...What a sweet amp...I would illustrate this amp as one of those beehives just dripping honey all over the forest floor and accessible to even the smallest bear cub. Whereas the SLO,,,,in a bigger outdoor or indoor gig setting, gets there too with just a bit more volume. The SLO is like a massive dripping beehive , but not as easy to get to as the HR25.....like a bigger luscious hive but much more massive and higher up in a much bigger tree......need the momma bear to access it They both provide the sweet honey nectar, just in different situations. The HR 25 gets there right away in a smaller room.
This is perhaps the best description of an amp Iíve ever read! I know o thing about the amp but Im interested in any amp that will make me feel like a contented bear eating honey.
post #37 of 39 (permalink) Old 01-30-2019, 09:55 PM

Reviews: 2

Guitars: Jem, UV, Strat and Tele

Amp: Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18 into an H&K 2x12 cab

Pedals: Boss Tuner, MXR Dyna Comp, EHX Soul Food, Xotic BB Preamp, Ibanez Tube Screamer mini, Wampler Pinnacle, Line 6 M5 (wildcard pedal), TC Electronic Triple Delay, TC Electronic Hall Of Fame Reverb, TC Electronic Ditto Looper
post #38 of 39 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemSLO View Post
Just wanted to say,,,,as an update,,,,I've been gigging with my Soldano Hot Rod 25 head for some smaller shows lately. Using the same TC electronic Gmajor 2 in the loop and all of the same gear as with my SLO...and compliments have been non stop. Lower wattage and the amp just "sings" at a much lower setting. I was even forgetting to stomp on my TS9 for a bump for leads, as this amp was already dripping with so many overtones...... Keeping the overdrive preamp setting around 7 as on my SLO, and the master volume around 4.....just hair raising lusciousness. What a sweet amp. I would illustrate this amp as one of those beehives just dripping honey all over the forest floor and accessible to even the smallest bear cub. Whereas the SLO,,,,in a bigger outdoor or indoor gig setting, gets there too with just a bit more volume. The SLO is like a massive dripping beehive , but not as easy to get to as the HR25.....like a bigger luscious hive but much more massive and higher up in a much bigger tree......need the momma bear to access it They both provide the sweet honey nectar, just in different situations. The HR 25 gets there right away in a smaller room.

It does sound really good! The playing starts at 4:30 for those who wish to skip ahead.
FireEagle likes this.
post #39 of 39 (permalink) Old 03-05-2019, 11:41 PM Thread Starter

I finally got my first speaker cabinet. I also made my first purchase off Reverb which went refreshingly well. This is the Bogner Atma 1x12 cabinet that was designed to go with the Bogner Atma. Like the head, the cabinet is made out of aluminum. Do to new the price, I had never really planned on getting the Atma cabinet. Fortunately, one popped up on Reverb at a good price and then went on sale the next day. So know I have that matching cab and can play through a tube amplifier again. At the moment, I have been stricken with the plague, so the only photo I have is of the cab. I think the photo is rather large too. Sorry about that, but I have the plague. Iím happy with the amp though!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0659.jpg (1.21 MB, 12 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode