Tempted to swear... (GuitarPort) - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 02:12 AM Thread Starter

Tempted to swear... (GuitarPort)

While I said some things recently about the GuitarPort's lacking in high end, and in some cases that's still true, I just downloaded 2.0 of their software.

Holy S***. This sucker is VERY cool. Best interface, and it supposedly works with the PODxt as well.

I seriously suggest you folks head on down to your local Guitar Center toting your axe and try it out.

Jammed with Charlie Christian and switched over to Vai for a little Erotic Nightmares and Answers. Quite envigorating, even if I only got 75% of the notes

-Alex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 07:01 AM

Reviews: 3
yip ive got it n i thought the first one sucked the 2nd aint sooooo bad but i still aint paying a RATE for guitarport online :@ grrrrrr
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 09:44 AM

cai n maiden, is it only the pay/month that brings it down? Is it a good standalone purchase? I am seriously considering getting one as I am quite the guitar pro junky, but the midi sounds and often terrible tabs get me down.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 10:51 AM

its a great lil amp modelling/PC direct thingy yeah, i have a DEAD MINT pod xt pro i'm selling which does the same stuff but with added practice and live(PODs dont crash, PCs do) capability, more amps, more FX etc etc etc with its bucketloads of outputs and inputs digital and analogue, balanced and unbalanced, speaker simming or direct.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 12:34 PM

yeah but I mean as a program for backing tracks, lessons etc.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 02:00 PM

well then you need the online thingy for that, which i dont have. But even on its own yes it is a belter
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 04:48 PM

seriously considering one at the moment.
There's a 6 month free trial on the online thing, so I would try that out and then pay the fiver a month if its worth it.

What songs and lessons do you get with it?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2003, 07:36 PM

*shrugs* never bothered with it dude
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 04:53 AM

so you just use it for connecting your guitar to your pc with a few fx?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-27-2003, 07:01 AM

well as a direct amp sim basically, the only reason i aint recording with it is cubase is 500 quid and cant find a "special" version of it

Tags
backing track , local guitar center

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

metallica "this is swear"
how to convert guitarport tracks

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode