These pedals live up to their name - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By madasahatter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 04:01 PM Thread Starter

These pedals live up to their name

Remember those soundtank pedals from back in the late 90ís. I have to say they live up to their name,these things are freaking tanks.

Hereís the storyÖ These were some of the first pedals I owned. A few years ago I started feeling nostalgicabout them and decided to get the whole series. Except for a few like the EchoMachine & Crunchy Rhythm & ModernFusion, they were pretty cheap & easy to find. Thereís like 19 or 20 total in the series& I had them all. I even made apedal board just for them. I was happy& my nostalgia was satisfied.

Then we reach August of 2016 and along comes the massiveflood in Louisiana & Iím caught right in the middle of it. I got 5 ft. of water in my house. The set of pedals (along with much of myother gear) sits underwater for 3-4 days. Once the water subsided, the pedals were leftcovered in funk. Figuring there was nosalvaging them I was going to throw them out but for some reason decided tohang on to them. I guess I was thinkingI could tinker with them later on. Theygot stuck in a tote and put aside

Fast forward to yesterday evening. Iíve been in a new house,have been fixing and/or replacing my gear. On a whim I pulled out the tote withall the pedals in it. I think to myself orgrins and giggles let me go ahead and stick a battery in one & see whathappens. Not expecting anything otherthan a dead pedal I click the switch & to my shock the LED comes on. I think no way. I try another, the LED on that one comes on. Iím standing there in disbelief as one afteranother they are all coming on. I testthem out on my practice amp & theyare functioning properly. When all is saidand done, only 2 of them were dead.

I am truly amazed for being a cheap set of pedals even whenthey were new, being 20 or so years old, and after sitting underwater for3-4days these little guys survived and are still going. Like I said before they really do live up tothe name soundtank.
FireEagle likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-01-2018, 01:53 AM

My first pedal was the PowerLead. That is all I know about it.

Tags
soundtank

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode