Thinking of creating a new rig... - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-30-2006, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Thinking of creating a new rig...

Yo guys!

I am thinking about creating a new rig based on the JSX amp head. Anyone with any experience using that amp?

I bascially play world tours in the comfort of my home. I have always wanted a good half stack but either never could afford it, or chose to spend my money on more guitars. I am currently playing a Pod XT through two Atomic amps, and it's killer. But I was toying around with the idea of getting a JSX after reading about the Motherload speaker emulator/attenuator. They also make the Richtor, which is an attenuator only, and probably what I would end up getting. It's bascially like the THD Hotplate but supposedly much, much better. http://www.motherloadusa.com

So with this little piece of technology, I could get my JSX amp head, a XXX cab and the Richtor attenuator and play at home without knocking holes in the sheetrock.

I only use two effects: delay and (occasionally) wah. I know the delay I want, the Line 6 DL4 but I am not sure which wah pedal to buy. I like the one in the XT which is supposedly modelled on the Vox wah. It's a strong sounding wah... you know it's on when you engage it and I like that. But I also like the idea of a true bypass wah pedal to preserve tone. Would you guys recommend a Keeley modded Vox, or an off the shelf brand that is true bypass with a strong Q? I am not too familiar with different wah pedals.

I am a product of the 80's, so I am naturally a Satch/Vai fan and pretty much a fan of anything played by fleet-fingered, long-haired spandex wearers of the time. Based on reviews I feel the JSX would deliver the tone I am looking for and I would be really excited to hear my JS1200 through it.

Any thoughts on this setup from you more experienced gear heads? Is the XXX cab a good idea, or is there something better for the JSX. Should I plan to have to mod the JSX head (choke, tubes, etc.), or is it good enough stock?

Thanks for any help!

Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
amp head , jsx head , keeley mod , thd hotplate , vox wah , wah pedal , wah pedals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode