Time Factor Looper Function Questions - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Time Factor Looper Function Questions

My band is at the point where we need to pick up a 2nd guitar player or I need a looper.

I've been looking at all looper possibilities. Can't seem to get along with most other guitarists. I'm not ready for the volume battles, who gets what lead arguments, etc..
The Time Factor looks like the best quality with midi capabilities.
I realize that it is also a much better delay unit than my G-Major, but I'm really only looking for a looper at the moment.

We play all original music that sounds sort of like Rush and Incubus hanging out with Steely Dan and Frank Zappa.

My setup is:
1998 JS1000 or Schecter C-1 Classic
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Tuner pedal
Voodoo Lab GCX (eventually)
Various dirt pedals or tube preamp (eventually - for different tones)
Mesa Rectoverb combo
TC Electronic G-Major 2 in the loop
Voodoo Lab Ground Control Pro

My questions are......
1. Is there a reliable, decent sounding looper pedal on the market that sounds great and is fairly easy to use on the fly?
2. If any of you guys use loopers, do you run the audio out to your PA or back through the loop on your amp?
3. Is there a decent looper that is midi controllable so that I can leave it in a rack and use the GCP to control it's functions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I live in a very isolated area and cannot simply drive to the nearest city to check music gear out. I have to ship everything in.

Thanks!
Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-29-2012, 09:58 PM

Reviews: 39
Re: Time Factor Looper Function Questions

The Electro-harmonix 2880, Gibson Echoplex (the digital one that is rackmountable) and the Backline Riffbox are all loopers that are MIDI controllable.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-30-2012, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

Re: Time Factor Looper Function Questions

Thanks!
I've been looking at the Echoplex, kind of hard to find.

Out of those 3, which would you say are easiest to use live?
Which ones sound the most transparent?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode