Today is a sad day for the philinator and his pick - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Today is a sad day for the philinator and his pick

Gentlemen, i dont know how long youve used a pick for, but i've used a little black pickboy for the past 7 years and today i .......(weep) lost it...... i dont know how to play with anything else i'm skrewed. It might b in my friends car, it was in my pocket and fell out at lunch. the black little pickboy best pick ever. Longest lasting too. now dead......... this may not go under gear and equipment but i didn't care...(alittle upset and pissed)

Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 01:35 PM

I know the feeling, dude. Its almost like losing a close friend

...but then you find a new one even better than the last, but its just not the same
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 01:52 PM

Wow... 7 years? I've been wearing the point off my 2mm Stubby picks every 2 weeks or so!
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 03:14 PM

oh god, lol. one pick for 7 years? I've worn picks in half in single gigs before, i can't imagine what that thing must look like, lol

Don't worry man, picks come and picks go, and i forsee a shiny new pic in your immediate future.

-Drew
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 03:18 PM

Never give a pick that much power over your life.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 03:26 PM

Vai has a big thing with the number 7-- maybe it was just time for your pick to go.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 03:52 PM

It was destiny dude

Man, I've been going through Fender mediums every couple weeks cuz the tip wears off. Then again, I've been using this other really really thick pick (can't think of the name or exact size at the moment) for playing bass at my Youth group for months.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-04-2003, 08:45 PM

Wow.. I go through picks weekly.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 01:10 AM Thread Starter

Will gentlemen vais thing with the number 7 was dead on. This gets spooky ready. during 7th hour (highschool) i found it in the 7th row of the parking lot next to my friends car! Spooked.... lil bit. either way this pick is stayin for a long time. last time i bring it too school. Some of u wonder how the pic looks. If i knew how to use my scanner i'd show u but its not worn like u think, like satriani i have a light touch. so this pick hasn't taken much of a beating. Anyone else have something they've had forever with their guitar like a lucky charm.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jslegacy
Anyone else have something they've had forever with their guitar like a lucky charm.
My fingers
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 03:00 AM

Quote:
This gets spooky ready. during 7th hour (highschool) i found it in the 7th row of the parking lot next to my friends car! Spooked....

That's crazy dude. And it only gets worse. My guitar has six strings, which is one less than 7, and the date of my birthday is the 7th of march, and then i took a piss 7 times today, and my phone number has two 7s in it, not to mention that phone numbers are 7 digits themselves.

Seriously though, i got an 84 on a math test recently, and if you subract 7, you get 77. Coincidence? I think not!!! Well, maybe. Okay, probably.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 05:18 AM

Its good the pick has been safly returned may you both live long and prosper
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Mist
Quote:
This gets spooky ready. during 7th hour (highschool) i found it in the 7th row of the parking lot next to my friends car! Spooked....

That's crazy dude. And it only gets worse. My guitar has six strings, which is one less than 7, and the date of my birthday is the 7th of march, and then i took a piss 7 times today, and my phone number has two 7s in it, not to mention that phone numbers are 7 digits themselves.

Seriously though, i got an 84 on a math test recently, and if you subract 7, you get 77. Coincidence? I think not!!! Well, maybe. Okay, probably.
LOL

I had a Santana Pin I used to keep on my strap, but it kept falling off, so I put it away. The longest thing I've kept in relation to my first guitar is the strings on my first electric guitar, which still remain intact today!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-05-2003, 05:12 PM

Quote:
then i took a piss 7 times today
Are you okay?
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-06-2003, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Quote:
. . .i got an 84 on a math test recently, and if you subract 7, you get 77. Coincidence? I think not!!! Well, maybe. Okay, probably.
. . . and 84 is the number of inches in 7 feet as well!

I recently lost one of my picks also, but I'm pretty sure its time for me to switch from the Dava Control picks to the Dunlop Jazz III anyway.

Tags
dunlop jazz iii , electric guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode