Treble boosters? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2003, 10:41 AM Thread Starter

Treble boosters?

I've been spending a lot of time researching the guitar rigs of famous guitarists recently, and I've noticed that Brian May and Eric Clapton (in the early days) bother regularly used treble boosters in their rig.

Does anybody here at Jemsite regularly use these pedals? Has anybody even tried them?

Fundamentally, are they any different than an EQ pedal with all the high bands boosted?

Thanks,
--B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2003, 12:54 PM
EKG

Never used them, but aren't they putting them in the electronics cavities, too? I think Clapton and Gilmour use them in their Strats. EMG, Fender and a coupe others make them for an onboard boost.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2003, 01:10 PM

I think Fender makes a mid-booster (though I imagine it could be tweaked to a treble-booster).
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-22-2003, 01:48 PM

I have a Ibanez TS7 set up to give me a little gain and treble boost when I need it. Works great.

Tags
eric clapton

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

what is treble and mids

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode