Tremel-no tuning stablility? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 05:09 PM Thread Starter

Tremel-no tuning stablility?

Hey, I have an Ibanez RG350EX, and I'm struggling to keep it in tune when divebombing (has Edge III tremolo). I've heard about the tremel-no, and am wondering if it increases tuning stability whether in "dive only mode" or "full floating mode".

Has anyone tried it to give any details on it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 05:13 PM

Re: Tremel-no tuning stablility?

Your trem usually sags towards the neck so Im not sure. It shouldnt hurt, that's for sure.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 05:32 PM

no man the tremol-no is only for applying differnt types of trem action eg stop tail dive only or full floating, it wont increase tuning stability at all as its not spring loaded, for this i recomend a hipshot tremsetter they rock and they keep your axe in tune like no other product, also if your willing to but an original floys rose ou can install it it without routing in an edge 3 cavity, this will improve your stability like 80 % !! either/or man why not get em both and yuol have the most stable trem on the block
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2006, 11:49 PM

I think it's a setup problem. I haven't had any problem with the edge 3 and can't dive bomb like mad without going out of tune.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2tom
I think it's a setup problem. I haven't had any problem with the edge 3 and can't dive bomb like mad without going out of tune.
I agree, spend the cheap $20 and get it set up by a pro-local tech.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2tom
+1

It's definetly a setup problem because.....guys...its an Edge3..that tremolo is one of the best and its supposed to keep you in tune even when you do crazy stuff with your whammy.

Just check everything to make sure you have the edge3 perfectly set up.

BLAKK:JAKK
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 05:44 AM

Aye, i'm with the rest, check your setup first. Then check the basic stuff like knife edges and the trem posts etc...

Btw, the Tremol-no? Its awesome.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2006, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, you guys were right.

I took a lot more time in string stretching and now it works MUCH better, almost perfect imo.

Well, the tremel-no looks cool anyway, so I might pick one up in the next few months just to try out.

Thanks for the help.

Tags
edge iii trem , hipshot tremsetter , string stretching

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode