Tremsetters - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2003, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Tremsetters

Hello folks,

I dont know if this has been discussed before. But anyway, I was hoping to get some comments on this tremsetter thingy. I have mailed to hipshot recently, and they have told me that this tremsetter thingy eliminates flutter, which i believe is a major no no. I am also curious, that with this tremsetter thingy installed into vai's evo, how is it possible for him to continue doing those fluttering notes that he keeps doing.

Also, if you guys have any other similar mechnism please do recommend it to me. I'm hoping to get it installed into my jem7vwh. (the dipping of the strings is simply too annoying)

Thanks a million!

Alvin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2003, 12:56 PM

I've got an Ibanez Backstop in my VWH, and love it to death. Of course...they're no longer available and are pretty tough to find. That's the unit that Vai uses.

The Hipshot Tremsetter is similar, but not quite the same. I find the Backstop to be a bit more stable, plus it is still possible to get flutter with the Backstop.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2003, 06:08 PM

What was the reason they stopped the production of the backstop? Surely everyone would have a use for one?
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2003, 10:23 PM

I have a Tremsetter in 3 of my guitars. I love it, especially if you break a string live, you don't go out of tune. I can still do tremelo flutters, they just don't sustain as long.
It does firm up the feel of the tremelo, but it also makes bending strings more controlable without loosing your intonation of the other strings.
It's super easy to install, and only takes a couple of times to adjust it to your liking.
Just get it. Try it. If you don't like it just take it out.
Good luck.

Tags
hipshot tremsetter , ibanez backstop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

do tremsetters work

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode