trick to sound like a pro with gt6 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb trick to sound like a pro with gt6

http://cgi.****.com/Make-your-Boss-G...QQcmdZViewItem

you know what four letter word goes in there.

does anybody have a clue of what this is about :S?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 10:40 PM

Re: trick to sound like a pro with gt6

I thought that's what you might be talking about- I've seen it on the bay too.

I'm curious about it.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 06:13 AM

google it, its probally on the net
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-04-2007, 09:42 AM

Reviews: 6

Check out his other items they all involve the same thing
I has to be a con if you look at his other items they are all the same, they use a GT6 possibly in the effects loop thats all it is.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 07:34 AM

Reviews: 16

I'll save you the trouble - use the "line-in" jack to your amp instead of the input where you'd normally plug your guitar in on the amp.

I don't know what this guy is selling, but there's only so many ways you can hook up a multiFX unit. I've got a Digitech GNX4. This is how I've got mine set up. I've made a very realistic tube patch. I've tried every different way of plugging this thing up to my amp and found this to be the best.

You got it from me for all of $0.00. Tips are appreciated though.

You can also find a forum for your multiFX pedal and find out the best way people there say to do it.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 09:55 AM

What could you possibly learn from him that you can't from here?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-06-2007, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtney2018 View Post

I'll save you the trouble - use the "line-in" jack to your amp instead of the input where you'd normally plug your guitar in on the amp.

I don't know what this guy is selling, but there's only so many ways you can hook up a multiFX unit. I've got a Digitech GNX4. This is how I've got mine set up. I've made a very realistic tube patch. I've tried every different way of plugging this thing up to my amp and found this to be the best.

You got it from me for all of $0.00. Tips are appreciated though.

You can also find a forum for your multiFX pedal and find out the best way people there say to do it.

Thanks for that!

Unfortunately, i've got a self-made tube amp (that sounds pretty nice) but only has and input, a volume contol, and a speaker out jack XD

but thanks anyway ^^
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 08:19 AM

In that case make sure that your EQ controls are flat for the guitar input. Your tube amp will color the sound, but that's ok. Just make sure that your EQ controls, if you have any, are in the middle (flat).

Also, make sure your gain in low in contrast to the main volume. That way you're not adding in any distortion.

I've read people using the effects loop, but I couldn't get mine to work like that. I don't know which one you have, but my GNX4 has a strong amp built in. It's powerful enough to use by itself. I've never turned mine up over half way. I think it's like 120W or something.

Anyways, I don't gig and half way up is almost deafening. Granted I could make it louder, but I have no need for it. If I need it louder than I'll just plug it into my amp on the guitar input and use my amp to crank the volume.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 09:51 AM

Courtney,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are you saying keep the EQ flat on the effects unit or on the amp?
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-07-2007, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch34 View Post
Courtney,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are you saying keep the EQ flat on the effects unit or on the amp?

On the amp. You can toy around with it if you want, but putting it flat will help reduce the coloring that your amp is giving your sound.

Tags
tube amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode