TS808 Reissue Owners Please Read - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 04:22 AM Thread Starter

TS808 Reissue Owners Please Read

Just what to know if there is anything wrong with my TS808 Reissue. Well, I bought a brand new Ibanez TS808 reissue a few months ago, and all this time I've been getting a slightly "ticking noise" when I use this pedal, the noise isn't really loud, but its just there, a constant tick, lol, its there even though the pedal is switched off, at first I thought it was the leads or the battery/power supply, changed those, tried it with a different amp, and its still there, apart from that the pedal works fine, I'm just wondering should I get the pedal fixed? or is that normal with the TS808 reissues?

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 12:07 PM
Gex

Re: TS808 Reissue Owners Please Read

Is the ticking noise constant like a metronome or something?

Or does it come and go in waves, like

bleepbleep. .bleep bleep bleep, bleepbleebleeb kinda randomly, and then it will be quiet for a few minutes.

I get that second one alot, its interference from my cellphone. Easy way to see would be to turn on your amp and everything and place your cellphone near the pedal and then call your cell phone from a different phone, see if you hear that sound again.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-25-2005, 12:14 PM

I have no issues with my 808RI
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

its like a constant metronome click, like "tick tick tick tick tick", like I said before, its not loud, but you can defintely hear it when you turn the volume down, I don't know whats causing it, oh, actually I find I get the similar noise when I play with my guitar port (using different cable though), could the computer have anything to do with this? my amp is quite close to my TV and PC
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 12:02 PM

Do you wear a watch while playing? I've experienced that before...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 01:14 PM

Oddly enough my tv has made my amp sound weird also, do you have the tv on while playing?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 01:37 PM

is everything plugged into the same outlet that your tv, or pc is on? That will cause noise usually. If that's the case just plug your amp into a different outlet/circuit.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

yeah, their pluged into the same outlet, I will try to change it and see what happens

Tags
guitar port

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode