Understanding Boss GT5 - Help (Chris) - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2001, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
L8X

Understanding Boss GT5 - Help (Chris)

I knew this would happen if i went digital, Im gona bend your ear now chris, or anyone else who understands f/x pedals with more than one button.
If you take standard gt5 can *i put another analog pedal in the loop *ie. *poly chorus or boss df2 *and asign it a pedal number and then use that pedal as well as anyone from gt5. coz when i look at info i got with gt5 it keeps saying use roland ev5 in loop, yeah i now i can make all sorts of noize with patches etc but i stamped my foot and said i wana use my old pedals as well, but cannot quite figure out how to do it, so thought i would ask you lot, as it is easier than trying to read the book
tks for help
steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-12-2001, 11:52 PM

Understanding Boss GT5

I don't have the GT-5 - in fact, I've never used one - but I have the Roland GP-100, which is very similar in many repects (only it's a rack unit). With the GP-100, I have two loops with adjustable line levels, and the position of each loop in the effects chain is variable. So, I can put any pedal or group of pedals on each loop, and then specify where in the signal chain I want the the signal to go through the loop. I use a BOSS OS-2 in loop 1 to add some grist to my signal in a number of patches, and it's generally placed early in the signal chain, before the preamp, as if I had the OS-2 on the floor. I can engage or disengage the loop (and there by place the pedal in or out of the signal chain) with one of the pedals on my FC200 floor unit, which is assigned to the midi channel I assigned to the effects loop. *I don't know if the GT-5 has the same capability, but I've heard the units are very, very similar, so I would imagine that it would... I hope this helps.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2001, 10:55 AM

Understanding Boss GT5

Ok...about using another external pedal in the chain, you cannot assign the external pedal to one of the pedals on the gt5.

I use a Bad horsie wah with my GT5, the way to do this is to use the loop function. You can set the GT5 to turn on or off the loop anytime you want, by going to "pedal assign" and setting the control pedal to the loop function.

As for the external analog pedal, set it to anything you want, but bearing in mind that it will affect the sound of you signal chain in the GT5, the level of the external pedal which is fed into the GT5 can be adjusted by accessing the loop function and adjusting the level of it.

Sounds a little confusing yeah?

If there's anything you need me to clear up, just let me know

Chris.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-13-2001, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
L8X

Understanding Boss GT5

Thanks for help guys, will give it a go and see what happens, if i get stuck will give you a shout
tks
steve

Tags
horsie wah

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode