Using an ENGL E570 pre-amp for recording/headphone practice - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 09:21 AM Thread Starter

Using an ENGL E570 pre-amp for recording/headphone practice

Hi guys!

I've fallen in love with some of the clips I heard of the Engl E570 so I was considering one, however my current living conditions prevent me from doing much noise.

95% of the time I'm just practising the guitar at home with my Pod X3 and headphones...
5% of the time I may be recording some stuff to put up on youtube

So I was thinking how to use the ENGL E570. Since I have the Pod X3, I suppose I can connect the Engl pre-amp to the Pod and use the Pod's built-in cabinet simulators and headphones out for silent practice! Will this sound any good or even an improvement over the Pod's own sounds ? I am not 100% sure if the Pod will simulate the power stage or just the cabinet over a pre-amp signal..

I would really like to avoid having to fire up a DAW with a VST Impulse simulator before I can do my daily practice... this would however be acceptable while recording!

Also I heard about this Hughes & Kettner RedBox that takes a direct signal from a pre-amp and simulates the cab and poweramp stages into a line out signal... has anyone tried this thing ? Is it good ?

Also for the time being I'm not considering an Axe-fx

Thanks for any hints
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
engl e570 , headphones , recording

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode