Value Of Gear? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-08-2004, 11:45 PM Thread Starter

Value Of Gear?

I've got some stuff I'm looking to sell/trade sometime soon, and I'm wondering what you guys think I'll likely get for these things:

1) Oscar Schmidt acoustic, not sure of the year, got it new when I was 8, and it's a student-size guitar.

2) Schecter Revenger-7, got used last year, in pretty good condition, basically perfect minus a chip in the back of the headstock that was there when I got it.

3) Line6 Flextone II, 60-watt 1x12 combo with floorboard, manual, CD, etc. A little dusty from sitting in my room, and some slight cosmetic wear and tear (a bit of minor damage to the mesh on the front, can't see if unless you look for it, and a bit of the covering coming off near the control panel in a corner, again, not noticeable unless you're looking for it)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Anyone? (no huge rush as I haven't seen anything worth trading for around here that I'll be able to afford just yet)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 06:15 PM

Reviews: 1
I'd look 'em up on Ebay and see what they are fetching.

Bamm
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm
I'd look 'em up on Ebay and see what they are fetching.

Bamm
I tried, and found that I'll probably get back what the Revenger-7 originally went for or close to it, but the Flextone IIs are either going for really high, really really low, or they're impossible to find. And I haven't seen an acoustic like mine anywhere
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 10:27 PM

The oscar scmidts from what i understand are generic washburns, or at least owned by washburn *im not cutting on your guitar by the way* Youll most likely get half to a quarter of its original value. Remember alot of people are wary of paying more than 300 dollars for anything
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 11:05 PM

From what i could see on eBay's completed auctions, Flextone IIs seem to go for US$200 to $250, an $100 more if it's a II Plus or if you have the floorboard.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Yea, the Oscar's definitely a cheap guitar, and I'm not expecting to get much for it, but I'm definitely going to sell my Flextone II back to a guitar shop here on a trade in, because they have Flextone IIs without the manual or floorboard going for close to what they originally sold for
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 01:57 PM

Being the nice guy that I am, I looked up your gear in the Orion Blue Book. Here are the values you can expect to get.

Oscar Schmidt 3/4 - $70.00
Revenger7 - $170.00
Flextone II - $350.00

These prices are intended for a retail store, so the actual price you can sell them for as a private party should be a little less.

Matt
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 05:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmusic
Oscar Schmidt 3/4 - $70.00
Revenger7 - $170.00
Flextone II - $350.00
damn, I think some stores around here are ripping people off Considering the prices I've seen used Flextone IIs selling for, and the fact that my used Shecter Revenger-7 was about $350 Canadian...

Thanx for the info though
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 01:50 AM

Yeah, and your trade-in value is usually a half of what they will sell it for. So let's say they sell a used flextone for x dollars, they'll offer you no more than x/2. At least that's what local Guitar Center does.

Tags
guitar shop , local guitar center , schecter revenger

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode