Valve Theory - Page 2 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-25-2008, 07:31 PM

Re: Valve Theory

I have mixed feelings about mine. I bought it for both the price and the clean tone which I think is very warm tube which I wanted. Granted the overdrive on high is "grainy". I very seldom use high gain. I set mine on the amp around 3-5 just enough to add a bite to the sound. At that level it sounds pretty decent for the price.

You do get what you pay for like others have said. I wanted a tube amp with warm cleans and I got it. I have a GT-6, Rockman Sustainor, DS-1, and Two Scholz Rockman Soloist for heavier dist tones if I need it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermau View Post
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I sold my Valveking after just a couple hours of use.
EXACTLY: wish i hadda known after a few hours. Im adverstising all over, and becuase i out new speakers in and it has only been used a few times im hopping to get around £300..ish

and yeap, marshalls these days are really badly made. dont go for them cause of the name, but take something different

any cornforders though, cus ive read all over, and only one person ive found, as something bad to say about it, and that is because of where the amp was situated in their room.
?
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 01:27 PM

I think too many people automatically assume just because an amp sounds like crap it's made for metal.

The Valveking definitely ISN'T for metal in my opinion, and sounds like junk no matter what genre you're playing compared to a nice tube head.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-26-2008, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

thats kinda true
but we are saying this becuase its high gain, and majority of metal is very high gain, dont even argue about it, i listen to everything in particular this so yeah..
but thats why everybody is saying its for metal.....MORE GAIN.

Tags
amp head , clean tone , distortion pedal , guthrie govan , marshall valvestate , mesa boogie , peavey valveking , power amp , solid state amp , solid state amps , tube amp , tube amps , tube head

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode