Valvulator I for direct recording? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 01:26 PM Thread Starter

Valvulator I for direct recording?

has anyone used it in conjunction with a POD or a Sansamp PSA-1 for recording direct?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 01:47 PM

It's not used for direct recording. It is a line buffer / Power supply for your input. (Unless you're talking about the VHT Valvulator GP3 preamp)You can use it to record if you are going to be running some stomp boxes in front of your pod and you want to sound like your plugged directly into the pod with no noise.
If you want to get the best direct box out there, get a Digital Music Corp. Cab-Tone. Also use a mic pre-amp to warm up the sound.
My pod is nothing more than a paper weight. I hate the way it sounds. I prefer the Johnson J station if I have to use one of them. It sounds much better.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 02:29 PM

ever notice how every time someone says "valvulator" around heaer, Gearjunky shows up?

I'm not a big fan of the pod sound, either... the mids have this slightly "mushy" sound to them, and the prescense just doesn't "cut" like a tube amp.

Suprisingly, the direct out on my new TSL is pretty useable... not perfect, but worlds better than i expected it to be- i think I'll be using that to sketch out ideas silently now...

-Drew
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew
ever notice how every time someone says "valvulator" around heaer, Gearjunky shows up?

I'm not a big fan of the pod sound, either... the mids have this slightly "mushy" sound to them, and the prescense just doesn't "cut" like a tube amp.

Suprisingly, the direct out on my new TSL is pretty useable... not perfect, but worlds better than i expected it to be- i think I'll be using that to sketch out ideas silently now...

-Drew
Aren't you the guy who had me banned because you thought I was someone else??? Thanks, you're an __________(fill in the blank)
I gave the guy good information about his question.
And I happen to use Valvulator Line Buffers in all 3 of my floorboards, and a GP3 preamp in one of my racks.
I'm simply trying to help the guy out, and you come in here starting your crap again.
Like they say, if you don't have something nice to say, STFU
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 02:52 PM
Vendor

MANY here believe you are that "other" permanently banned member. What I'd like to know is if you've made it right with Shane yet?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearjunky
Aren't you the guy who had me banned because you thought I was someone else??? Thanks, you're an __________(fill in the blank)
No, Steve. *I* got banned for calling you ValvulatorGP3, which is who you really are (no one was fooled by the name change). You got banned for being a _________(fill in the blank). I'll fill it in for ya: azzhole.
Quote:
When we see good information from you, there will be a big celebration. Tell the truth just once, and we'll even bring a cake.
Quote:
And I happen to use Valvulator Line Buffers in all 3 of my floorboards, and a GP3 preamp in one of my racks.
Bad News: no one cares, nor is anyone listening.
Quote:
I'm simply trying to help the guy out, and you come in here starting your crap again.
If this were true, Drew would have been banned and you would have been free to put up more lies about bands you never played for and gear pics you nabbed from other sites.
Quote:
EXACTLY. Why are you even talking?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
MANY here believe you are that "other" permanently banned member. What I'd like to know is if you've made it right with Shane yet?
Yes I have. I've spoken to Shane just about every day since UPS destroyed the amp.
Give him a call and he will verify that I have offered to pay for all repairs to the amp out of my pocket prior to getting reembursed from UPS insurance(which was approved).
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 03:04 PM

Quote:
"Kind, thoughtful person?" Aww, how sweet of you... and to think, i don't even know you... Man, people like you just make my day.

Actually, I wasn't the guy who got you "banned" for being someone else. Valvey got banned, youy got blocked. And i didn't get you warned, i just made a couple cracks about "coincidence" and whatnot.

If you'll notice, I also had some helpful things to say here, namely agreeing, yes, AGREEING with you that I'm not big on the sound of the POD, and saying that while it's far from ideal, my initial reaction to the DI from my TSL head has been positive.

But anyway, i can look past the "STFU" because you obviously think i'm just such a swell guy, as evidenced by your opening "fill in the blank," so i'm just going to hope you have an absolutely lovely day. Peace, love, and happiness (and maybe a little less caffiene),

-Drew

[/sarcasm mode]
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 03:07 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Gearjunky is banned until this is straightend out (and thus cannot reply) so take the debate and cat-fight to AOL-IM please

Thanks...glen
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 03:10 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Yes I have. I've spoken to Shane just about every day since UPS destroyed the amp.
Give him a call and he will verify that I have offered to pay for all repairs to the amp out of my pocket prior to getting reembursed from UPS insurance(which was approved).
Good, because I had heard different, I hope it all works out to Shane's satisfaction. I would like to know when UPS started honoring claims on electronic equipment not in it's "original packaging", but since you're now banned I'll have to ask UPS.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-08-2003, 03:14 PM
site founder 0% owner

CLOSED.

(it would be smarter for shane to post for himself)
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2003, 10:16 AM
site founder 0% owner

FYI - I've spoken to both parties (shane and steve) and this appears to be handled appropriately and is being resolved to the satisfaction of BOTH parties... glen
Closed Thread

Tags
sansamp psa , stomp box , tube amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode