VHT Pitbull Ultra Lead - Opinions? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

VHT Pitbull Ultra Lead - Opinions?

Well, the topic says it all.

What do you think of this amp?

Tell me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 12:15 PM

VHT Pitbull Ultra Lead

The bomb....and ask Mr. Dave Weiner, he would know.....if I'm correct, he just got an endorsement deal with VHT. *
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-23-2002, 08:16 PM

VHT Pitbull Ultra Lead

Vht *is the best they make boogies sound like old creates. Here is the deal they have as much or more gain than any thing out there but here is whats special *they stay very well defined the whole way up. They are very tight and the high end is almost never shrile or harsh. *But if you like power amp distortion this is total the wrong amp for you, because it will not.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-24-2002, 10:31 PM

VHT Pitbull Ultra Lead

FULL ON!!

VHT amps are awesome!

If ya got the $$ go for it!!!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 07:48 AM

VHT Pitbull Ultra Lead

The guys from Slipknot swear by them LOL!! Don't let that put you off though. I'd love a VHT (or any other hi end amp for that matter) but I just don't have the £$£$.

Matt
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 10:54 AM

Reviews: 1
VHT Pitbull Ultra Lead

I love the pittbull I played, nice amps...
I already have Boogie stuff so I don't have a need for it, but if I were looking, VHT would DEFINATELY be a contender.
Bamm
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-25-2002, 09:54 PM
Banned

VHT Pitbull Ultra Lead

Fraspe, before you jump on the Ultra Lead, check out the Classic (CL). *I played them both side by side and bought the Classic. *It just had a better vibe to me... (the key here is "to me"). *I've had mine for about 5years and it has never let me down. *Great stuff, Steve Frayette is a great guy to talk to if you want info. *I heard recently that VHT and SWR are kinda merging together... hope they don't make any "improvements" like rocktron did to Egnator. Good Luck
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2002, 10:21 PM

VHT Pitbull Ultra Lead

VERY nice amp. Very tight and focused. It doesn't "mush" out with low end like the Mesa Dual Rec does at high volumes. Check one out. A bit pricey BUT well worth it. Or, better yet the VHT GP-3 3 channel preamp is supposedly going to be available the end of March. The preamp streets at about $1,000. I have one on order.......As soon as I get it I'll let you know how she sounds..........
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 08:22 AM

VHT Pitbull Ultra Lead

I've seen numerous guitarists trade in their Mesa Triple Recs for Pitbulls. I want to play one but haven't had the chance. All I've heard is HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY. Especially on the wallet!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-28-2002, 04:22 PM

Reviews: 3
VHT Pitbull Ultra Lead

I'd like to try one out too...unfortunately I haven't found a place in Austin that carries any VHT stuff. *I've barely found a place for soldano and bogner. *They have some Rivera too...Id chck out a rivera knucklehead reverb, I've heard nothing but great stuff from em.

Tags
amp distortion , dave weiner , mesa dual , power amp , power amp distortion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode