Vocal/guitar recording... - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-13-2004, 09:08 AM Thread Starter

Vocal/guitar recording...

Okay, sure you guys have answered similiar questions before, just once more please .

I'm getting a new PC and was planning on getting a sound card aswell, a Creative Audigy 2 Pro, any good?

Secondly, I was planning (sometime in the not too distant future) on getting a Sennheiser e865 condenser mic (again, any reason not too?). What kind of Phantom power unit/mixer would you recommend?

Thirdly, for recording guitar is there any problem with simply running a lead from the line-out on my Line 6 Spider II straight into the soundcard, do I need anything else, anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-16-2004, 05:29 PM

me and my brother use a little box made by a company called delta, i cant remember exactly but it has four inputs and four outputs, i plug my guitar in one of the inputs and the corresponding outputs go to a small yamaha mixing desk. we use cubase which is very easy to use in terms of recording my guitar. anyway one of those delta panel thingies works great!

the mixing desk has a built-in phantom power unit too.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 05:27 PM

Firstly : No, Creative arnt too hot for recording

Secondly : ...

Thirdly : No problem... need a good sound card... not an Audigy
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 06:07 PM

I have a wireless version of that Sennheiser, and I like it a lot. Learn to work the mic; it's not as forgiving as a SM58, but will reward good technique with great control.

Any small mixer should be fine - look at Mackie, Soundcraft, Behringer...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 06:43 PM

I'm getting very good results running my mics into a Mackie 1402DLZ's pre-amps before being sent out to an Edirol DA2496 audio card.

I've not long got this gear and its working wonders for my recordings already
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 06:22 AM

me and my brother use a little box made by a company called delta, i cant remember exactly but it has four inputs and four outputs, i plug my guitar in one of the inputs and the corresponding outputs go to a small yamaha mixing desk. we use cubase which is very easy to use in terms of recording my guitar. anyway one of those delta panel thingies works great!

Woodros. The problem with this setup is that the delta breakout box doesn't have high impedance inputs, so your guitar signal will be attenuated somewhat. It will still record, but if you put your axe through a DI box first you will get better tone.

Guy
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyCool

Woodros. The problem with this setup is that the delta breakout box doesn't have high impedance inputs, so your guitar signal will be attenuated somewhat. It will still record, but if you put your axe through a DI box first you will get better tone.

Guy
p.s. It's made by M-Audio, it's the M-Audio delta 4/4.

Tags
audio delta , condenser mic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode