Water, water everywhere and all the boards did shrink - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
VCR

Water, water everywhere and all the boards did shrink

Short story I thought I would share

One night I left my guitar on my kitchen table in its case (which is a Prestige Team J-Craft case) and went off to sleep. Next morning I woke up about half an hour earlier than normal to the sound of a child's giggle and running water.

Well, my little one was spraying the kitchen down with the kitchen sink hose. And of coarse most of the spraying was on the guitar case. I would guess this went on for ten minutes or so. Constant running water over the case as my child wanted to help me clean my guitar. That is why it was sitting on the table as I was cleaning it the night before and my child was just trying to do what daddy does

Heart drops...relax, deal with issue. Dried everything up all nice and good then I opened the case (thump thump, thump thump).

Absolutely perfect and unharmed interior. Not a drop of water or any humidity change on the inside. No damage on the outside either, and the case is cleaner now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98
Re: Water, water everywhere and all the boards did shrink

Lucky! My kid would've had a red behind after that.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 04:55 AM

Ahh, the joys of a childless existence
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 10:22 PM

Gotta love them litte buggers!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2011, 11:22 PM

So Lucky...could have ended up in the dishwasher...
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2011, 08:15 AM

Nice Iron Maiden title reference.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-22-2011, 03:01 PM

Reviews: 4

I think if I have kids my gear room will have a palm and optical scanner lock on it. And no gear will ever leave it.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-23-2011, 09:01 AM

i have 5 kids. oldest is 15 and has his own iby. the other 4 are ages 8-2 (2year olds are twins).i keep all my guitars in a room they dont go in. i do let them in sometimes. i have a 98 rg570 they are allowed to play with. the twins love it

atleast you know if you leave your guitar in its case in a car with the windows rolled down it wont get wet
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2011, 11:34 PM

Reviews: 18

My kid knows better not to touch my stuff and if he would have done that, he would have been on his way to an orphanage.

Luckily, that will never happen because I would never leave any guitar in my kitchen, regardless of what I was doing to it. I think there's a lesson in here somewhere

Jimmy
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2011, 02:14 AM

Reviews: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCR View Post
Short story I thought I would share

One night I left my guitar on my kitchen table in its case (which is a Prestige Team J-Craft case) and went off to sleep. Next morning I woke up about half an hour earlier than normal to the sound of a child's giggle and running water.

Well, my little one was spraying the kitchen down with the kitchen sink hose. And of coarse most of the spraying was on the guitar case. I would guess this went on for ten minutes or so. Constant running water over the case as my child wanted to help me clean my guitar. That is why it was sitting on the table as I was cleaning it the night before and my child was just trying to do what daddy does

Heart drops...relax, deal with issue. Dried everything up all nice and good then I opened the case (thump thump, thump thump).

Absolutely perfect and unharmed interior. Not a drop of water or any humidity change on the inside. No damage on the outside either, and the case is cleaner now!
So basically it sounds like a winner. Get your children to wash down your guitar case regularly as I had to with my Father's car as a child.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode