On the way to my dream rig - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

On the way to my dream rig

Well i just ordered a hot plate for my mesa single rect today. After that i plan to get a matching cab for my Marshall DSL 2000. THEN i plan to get another hot plate for the marshall (16 OHM). After that maybe a A/B switch. This would mean my main rig being:

Mesa Single Rectifier with matching cab (Dirty) 8 OHM Hot plate in between

Marshall JCM 2000 with 1960A cab (Clean) 16 OHM Hot plate in between

All going into an A/B Box

Ernie Ball Music Man Axis SS

Ernie Ball Sihlouette

I don't mean to brag but i feel so proud when i work 40 hours a week and get to buy some sweet gear that is rightfully mine!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 07:51 PM

Re: On the way to my dream rig

I work 40+. Just last week, I worked 42 hours.

Edit: IM not sure of the point of saying that was. Im not really sure what my dream rig would be. Probably 90% rackmounts. Lol. I love lots of different sounds.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.WizardNeck
I work 40+. Just last week, I worked 42 hours.

Edit: IM not sure of the point of saying that was. Im not really sure what my dream rig would be. Probably 90% rackmounts. Lol. I love lots of different sounds.
Have you tried the TC G-Major/G-Force? Just got a G-Major to replace my (very) superannuated Quadraverb - very impressive box of tricks indeed!

Just curious about the first post - what sort of clean do you get out of the Marshall that you can't get out of the Mesa - I've used Mesa gear for quite a few years now, and I find the clean tones (for me at least) as good as just about anything on the market?

Cheers, and congrats on such a great setup!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 08:27 PM

I work 60+ hrs a week and can barely afford to buy anything..

Stupid back surgeries..

Congrats on the purchases... Does feel good when you eventually get to buy something for yourself..
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Yeah sorry forgot to mention i am 17 so 40 hour work weeks are a lot for me.

The marshall i find has a lot more bass and breakup than the mesa. It is hard to explain. Maybe i can make a better judgement when i get them both running through a hotplate.

Sorry to hear about your back troubles ibanezcollector, how are you doing lately?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 08:57 PM

im doing well.. Got hopefully one last surgery to go this month on the 26th but im doing good..

Thanks for asking
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2006, 11:21 PM

Owch. My uncle is/was a dry waller and he was in the hospital for quite some time having to get surgury and fluids removed from his back/spine. Im 20 and Id rather have a Dual Recto than any Marshall I can think of. Then again, I cant help but look at the Randall MTS series.

Tags
clean tone , dual recto , ernie ball , marshall dsl

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode