What amp is best??????????? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

What amp is best???????????

What amp do you think is best for a virtuoso style player???.. kinda a metal, progressive rock, neo classical.. I'm a player kinda looking for a sound like petrucci, yngwie, satch, combined.. similar but my own tone. I'm writing a lot of neo classical stuff to put over an orchestra. a lot in Harmonic Minor. so what do you think would be the best amp for this? Here are all the amps i can think of. Marshall, Mesa, Carvin, Bogner, Vox, Engl, Line6 (though i really dont' liek those much), and Fenders. pick one and give the model. if there are companies i missed feel free to name something from them. I want a good amp with an absolute fantastic lead channel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 07:12 PM

Taht Highly Depends. If you are undecided I would check out an HD147 that ahs all the great amps from Satchs Cornford to the jubilee etc... and it does a great Job. I know a Tube Amp builder that switched to that amp. He is a Tube guru on top of it.

The question is truly unanswerable. Alot has to do with taste budget and versatility you need. I just found my setup after about 20 amps all of which were good.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-28-2003, 09:39 PM

Definitely check out the Mesa Mark series. The Mark IV can do anything.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-29-2003, 11:21 AM

If you're describing your style by reference to a specific scale, I'd say an amp is the least of your worrries... That said, if you look up at the top of this forum, there's a GREAT resource stuck to the top, th e"jemsite guide to amps..." Maybe start there...?

-D
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2003, 07:59 AM

Reviews: 3
Pignose. All the way. You can go down to the crossroads and rock your entire way there and back.

Actually, I wouldnt know where to start. I've started questioning my own rig as of late...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-30-2003, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Grindfiend
Definitely check out the Mesa Mark series. The Mark IV can do anything.
To apoint I would agree it is versatile but it never had the sound I was looking for... I am through my third one now it is on EBAY currently. I try ahrd to like them but it is a taste issue with all amps. I wouldn't say it is a bad Amp by any means it is a great amp just not what I was looking for....

Tags
mesa mark , tube amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode