What to buy? What to buy? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

What to buy? What to buy?

So I work at a guitar store and get a pretty decent discount. So of course I feel obligated to buy something. But I'm making a rule: I can only buy one big thing and I would like to keep it as close to $1000 as possible. So here's what I'm looking at. First is a JemDBK. It's my favorite guitar in the store and it plays amazing. The downside to this though is I don't need another guitar. This would totally be a "I want that buy." I have plenty of other guitar's that could do the job. But it is a Jem and it is an amazing guitar. In fact I would probably get rid some guitar if I got it anyways. The other item is a Mesa Boogie F-100 head. I played it and it has the crunch that my Legacy doesn't have and I kinda got that LTE tone that I really like. With more tweaking I think I could nail it. The only problem with this is that I have seen alot of Mesa's come into our shop for repair because of bad soldering.

Or there is one last option. Save up a whole bunch of money and get the amp of my dreams that would fill all my tonal needs. Buy a Bogner Ectasy or Uberschall. That would mean no Jem or Mesa but I'm alright with that. So what do you guys think?

PS I'm actually pretty heavily medicated at the moment so if anything didn't make sense, sorry. I'll try to clarify if you have questions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Or there is one last option. Save up a whole bunch of money and get the amp of my dreams that would fill all my tonal needs. Buy a Bogner Ectasy or Uberschall. That would mean no Jem or Mesa but I'm alright with that. So what do you guys think?
I think you have answered your own question right there!!

Guru Strat110
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 05:13 PM

Pinch those pennies and go for the Bogner!!! You will be much happier in the end. Just like the rest of us we all have impulse and G.A.S. buys, but buying your dream anything is the biggest reward.....plus Bogner's kick major ass.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 05:27 PM

Bogner baby!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 08:23 PM Thread Starter

Well I called to get some Bogner prices and it looks like the Uberschall fit's the bill. I wish it had three channels but nothing in life is perfect. I remeber the Ectasy didn't quite have the crunch I liked, plus the Uberschall is cheaper. Anyways, I have another question. What makes the Uberschall bad for lead playing? Is it so much so that I wouldn't be able too? I know that wouldn't be true but just what makes it bad for the leads. Thanks
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 08:59 PM

Uh, duh, buy the f*ckin Bogner !!!!!

Rather than listen to what people say about The Uberschall, try it yourself and decide. My guess is some people may think the Uberschall is bad for leads because it's a heavy metal amp unlike the legacy, which is designed for a very pronounced lead tone. Personally, I'd take the Uberschall over almost any other amp, since I'm a death metal freak.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Just to clarify. This ogner would take a very long time to save the money for. But another plus to it is I would be a able to get rid of my gurrnet amp because I wouldn't need it anymore. So that's some money right there as well. So the Uberschall Head plus 2x12 cab will be $2995. That's whole bunch of money. And that's before tax. Oh well, saving for it will teach me discipline.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2003, 03:15 AM

I have a better idea: save your pennies and buy a thousand of those little Marshall practice amps. You know, the ones that look like half-stacks and run on 9V batteries. Plug 'em all in and let 'er rip!

OK, OK. If you don't like that idea, SAVE UP FOR THE AMP OF YOUR DREAMS!!!!!!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-23-2003, 06:18 AM

Reviews: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpd111
I have a better idea: save your pennies and buy a thousand of those little Marshall practice amps. You know, the ones that look like half-stacks and run on 9V batteries. Plug 'em all in and let 'er rip!

OK, OK. If you don't like that idea, SAVE UP FOR THE AMP OF YOUR DREAMS!!!!!!
OR, you could go for a wall of Gorilla 15 watt practice amps. Nothing screams like a...er...nevermind.

Tags
death metal , heavy metal , mesa boogie , practice amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode