What Christmas Gear Did You Get? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-31-2017, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

What Christmas Gear Did You Get?

What did someone give you or did you buy for yourself this Christmas? Photos if you got 'em!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Re: What Christmas Gear Did You Get?

No one got anything? Jeepers. I got Spectraflex cables from the girlfriend (I picked them out, of course)... and got myself a Carl Martin 2Wah, a Carl Martin Quattro... and a new Strandberg guitar (yet to be released... likely at NAMM)... Masvidalien II Cosmo. I'll be doing some reviews in the near future, for those interested.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

Tried to post photos with no luck. Here's a link to the guitar image:

http://www.thepictaram.club/share/BYyphy1jfNm
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 09:22 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1

^ nice. (you can attach JPGs now with less restriction BTW).

i'd bet some people didn't "get" things as much as maybe bought themselves items they don't want to show written proof
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 12:34 PM

My wife got me a Digitech Trio pedal... which has been fun as hell to play around with. Pretty useful tool for the spare bedroom guitar player with no musician friends... lol.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireEagle View Post
My wife got me a Digitech Trio pedal... which has been fun as hell to play around with. Pretty useful tool for the spare bedroom guitar player with no musician friends... lol.
Awesome!! I had one of those, I was too retarded to use it so I returned it.

I got an RC-3 looper instead last year. Very cool for a spare bedroom guitar hero also.

It has been a busy christmas season for me, changed up pretty much all my gear, got a JS, added some pedals (JHS AT and a Wampler Etheral,) ditched my POD HD for DAW plugins and got a 2I2 Scarlett to bring it all in.

Last edited by satchmo72; 01-02-2018 at 03:17 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo72 View Post
Awesome!! I had one of those, I was too retarded to use it so I returned it.

I got an RC-3 looper instead last year. Very cool for a spare bedroom guitar hero also.

It has been a busy christmas season for me, changed up pretty much all my gear, got a JS, added some pedals (JHS AT and a Wampler Etheral,) ditched my POD HD for DAW plugins and got a 2I2 Scarlett to bring it all in.

I would like to get a good looper someday too. The Trio was on sale cheap because they have a new one out now with a built in looper. Definitely a learning curve on how to "teach" it! I found that keeping the rhythm simple and then dialing in the bass & drums after the fact works better for me. Try to get too intricate on the rhythm and suddenly the bass player turns in to Jaco Pastorius... ha ha.

Good luck with the new setup. I am also in the process of changing my recording equipment and have a new Scarlett 2i2 and Audiotechnica AT2020 microphone to get set up. Just need to get rid of some big old amps and old pedals to make some room. That's my winter project, but having trouble finding the time... When I get some extra time I tend to just grab my guitar and play.

What kind of JS did you get? Did you keep the stock pickups in it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode