what compares to mesa stiletto ace? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

what compares to mesa stiletto ace?

well i played a stiletto ace and loved it but there are a few things i wanted that it didn't have .

I freaking loved the lead channle. for me it was everything i have ever been looking for as far as a smooth fluid liquid drive with excellent clarity BUT i like to play metal every now and then so something a little more brutal or edgy would be nice . The other thing is i didn't care much for the price tag . I would spend that much if i didn't find a damn good alternative but i thought i'd get input on other amps .

how does the legacy compare ? is the stiletto duece/trident simular to the ace but with more gain ?

thanks
jordan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 07:19 PM

Re: what compares to mesa stiletto ace?

Isnt the Stiletto Mesa's version of a JCM800?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 07:20 PM

I would be interested in this as well from what I've heard I'm liking the stiletto a lot. It supposively has as much gain as a dual rectifier and guys like devin townsend use them together for maximum brutality. Can it do vai or satch is what I'm wondering.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 07:22 PM

Yea its supposed to be voiced like the JCM800 but with more gain and better cleans and more settings. I'm considering this or a Mark IV and what I need to sell to get it haha.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2007, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

it is mesa's take on a british style amp. they have more gain , smoother mids and more bass then a typical marshall . It is like they are compressed into smooth gain but only in the mids and enough in the highs so the sound doesn't get shrill .

i have only played the lonestar, ace combo and 50 watt ace head. all of which i really liked. i have just never had a chance to play the duece or trident . I know that the stage 1 (first run) amps didn't have a whole lot of gain in them (in comparision to other boogies or 5150 ) , they changed that with the stage 2 model which supposedly has a comparable amount of gain to say a recto .

i dont know , i am sure i'd dig the duece or trident but i dont know excatly what kind tone/gain they have in comparision to the other stilettos i have played .

Tags
devin townsend , dual rectifier , stiletto ace

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode