What gear is used on Nappy Roots remix with Marcos? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2003, 06:02 PM Thread Starter

What gear is used on Nappy Roots remix with Marcos?

I just listened to the Nappy Roots song "Aww Naw", the remix version with Marcos Curiel of P.O.D. on the track, and that has got to be the closest to my dream heavy distortion sound! Does anybody here know how the hell I can get that kind of sound/tone, like what gear maybe? I play Ibanez 7-strings, currently a 7621 but hopefully sometime soon an 7421XL if that would make a difference in the tone. I appreciate the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-01-2003, 11:32 AM

Heheh I know that is a real nice thick tone. Guess what?? I can tell you the secret to 75% of that earth-shattering tone!! ....

...Its called a STUDIO! Hehehe No gear on this earth will give you a tone like that live. That tone was derived from many layering of different guitars with different eq's and all blended. You too can try to get this tone in the studio but the closet your gonna get is to use the same gear Carlos uses...which I think was pretty much your question...

He uses custom PRS 24's or 22's, not sure which. Dragon 7 pickups on all models. I believe his main amp rig consists of the usual (yawn) Triple Recs into Rect 4X12's... Tons of effects. Check out guitargeek.com
They have the whole low down i Believe....

chris
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2003, 12:42 PM

Odd, live I see him with Crate stuff...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode