Re: WHAT GUITAR HAVE YOU GOT WHERE WHEN WHY AND YOUR NEXT
This'll be quite a list =p
First guitar... Ibanez RG***ex. Black, HSS, Floyd Copy, Duncan bridge. Rockin guitar for $200 something. Bought it at "The Rock Shop" in Springfield, IL. Neck split on it, so I had to stop playing it. Its currently chillin at a buddy of mine's house in Missouri. He swears he's gonna fix it someday. Right now he's got another Ibanez neck on it, but it doesn't have any locknuts, so its fairly useless. I should try to get it back from him and fix it up... He never plays it anyway.
2. Ibanez RG520. Bought it in the same place, replaced the pickups with Dimarzio Tonezone/PAF Pro. Been jammin on it for 10 years or so. No plans to get rid of it. Sounds awesome, and has the best bridge of the bunch. Its beat to **** and I love it.
3. Taylor 300 series acoustic. Bought it at some other crappy shop in Springfield, played it, got bored with it, traded it for...
4. Washburn Dime333. Some shop in Effingham. Not sure what I was smoking exactly, but I knew I was completely over my Taylor and wanted to rock. In hindsite it wasn't the best decision I ever made, but hey, you only live once. Sold it to fund a car.
5. Gibson Flying V. EMG 81/85. Maken Music in Chicago. (badass shop!)Jammed on this for a long time. Sold it to fund the same car. To this day I still regret having to do that, but there really wasn't any choice. What really sucks is I don't have the car either. Ex heisted it when we broke up 5 or 6 years back. =(
6. Gibson SG Standard. Guitar Center in Knoxville. Wanted a classic instrument to replace the V of yore. Got bored with it real quick, and honestly it was fairly uncomfortable. I'm not a big guy, so I felt like I was a little kid playing Dad's guitar with it. Sounded great tho. Sold it to my boss to fund my Peavey XXX. Haven't regretted it once. I prefer trem guitars.
7. Ibanez RGT42BP. ****. Pretty bitchin guitar, but I hated the bridge and the pickups sucked. Traded it and some cash for...
8. Ibanez Jem7vwh ! Guitar Center Atlanta. Obviously this guitar requires no introduction, and is going nowhere. I absolutely love it.
9. Breedlove AC12345Cheap. Some craptacular shop here in Chattanooga. I'm not sure the model number of it honestly. It was $400 and is ok. I wanted an acoustic guitar to dick around with. It sits in my living room and is largely unplayed.
10. Ibanez RG2550EGK Just got it. Sweetwater Sound. Ordered a Fernandes sustainer and a Dimarzio fred for it, and the sustainer wouldn't fit anywhere. Returned the Sustainer and ordered a Sustainiac Stealth Plus, and it hasn't arrived yet. Plays great, and I can't wait to hear what it sounds like when it's done. Hope to have it done next week!!!
Next guitar? Eeek the woman would crucify me for even thinking about it too hard.... probably a strat of some sort. I'm really content with my rig at this point. I can't really think of any reason to buy another guitar, as I can get every sound I could possibly want with the 3 electrics I have.
I've also got a no name classical acoustic that someone left at my house a few years ago. I haven't touched it in ages, really don't care for it... But i've got it no less.
Damn, I had no idea i've had so many guitars lol.
Last edited by Bahamut; 08-25-2005 at 07:30 AM.