WHAT GUITAR HAVE YOU GOT WHERE WHEN WHY AND YOUR NEXT - Page 3 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 05:08 AM

Re: WHAT GUITAR HAVE YOU GOT WHERE WHEN WHY AND YOUR NEXT

01 - Lefty strat copy (1993).
02 - Lefty Jem Jr. (555) (1995).
03 - Lefty Yamaha C40 classical guitar (1996).
04 - Lefty EB/MM Replica (2004).
05 - Lefty RG 1077 XL (2004).
06 - Lefty UV77MC (2005 ?).

Regards

André

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 07:24 AM

This'll be quite a list =p

First guitar... Ibanez RG***ex. Black, HSS, Floyd Copy, Duncan bridge. Rockin guitar for $200 something. Bought it at "The Rock Shop" in Springfield, IL. Neck split on it, so I had to stop playing it. Its currently chillin at a buddy of mine's house in Missouri. He swears he's gonna fix it someday. Right now he's got another Ibanez neck on it, but it doesn't have any locknuts, so its fairly useless. I should try to get it back from him and fix it up... He never plays it anyway.

2. Ibanez RG520. Bought it in the same place, replaced the pickups with Dimarzio Tonezone/PAF Pro. Been jammin on it for 10 years or so. No plans to get rid of it. Sounds awesome, and has the best bridge of the bunch. Its beat to **** and I love it.

3. Taylor 300 series acoustic. Bought it at some other crappy shop in Springfield, played it, got bored with it, traded it for...

4. Washburn Dime333. Some shop in Effingham. Not sure what I was smoking exactly, but I knew I was completely over my Taylor and wanted to rock. In hindsite it wasn't the best decision I ever made, but hey, you only live once. Sold it to fund a car.

5. Gibson Flying V. EMG 81/85. Maken Music in Chicago. (badass shop!)Jammed on this for a long time. Sold it to fund the same car. To this day I still regret having to do that, but there really wasn't any choice. What really sucks is I don't have the car either. Ex heisted it when we broke up 5 or 6 years back. =(

6. Gibson SG Standard. Guitar Center in Knoxville. Wanted a classic instrument to replace the V of yore. Got bored with it real quick, and honestly it was fairly uncomfortable. I'm not a big guy, so I felt like I was a little kid playing Dad's guitar with it. Sounded great tho. Sold it to my boss to fund my Peavey XXX. Haven't regretted it once. I prefer trem guitars.

7. Ibanez RGT42BP. ****. Pretty bitchin guitar, but I hated the bridge and the pickups sucked. Traded it and some cash for...

8. Ibanez Jem7vwh ! Guitar Center Atlanta. Obviously this guitar requires no introduction, and is going nowhere. I absolutely love it.

9. Breedlove AC12345Cheap. Some craptacular shop here in Chattanooga. I'm not sure the model number of it honestly. It was $400 and is ok. I wanted an acoustic guitar to dick around with. It sits in my living room and is largely unplayed.

10. Ibanez RG2550EGK Just got it. Sweetwater Sound. Ordered a Fernandes sustainer and a Dimarzio fred for it, and the sustainer wouldn't fit anywhere. Returned the Sustainer and ordered a Sustainiac Stealth Plus, and it hasn't arrived yet. Plays great, and I can't wait to hear what it sounds like when it's done. Hope to have it done next week!!!

Next guitar? Eeek the woman would crucify me for even thinking about it too hard.... probably a strat of some sort. I'm really content with my rig at this point. I can't really think of any reason to buy another guitar, as I can get every sound I could possibly want with the 3 electrics I have.

I've also got a no name classical acoustic that someone left at my house a few years ago. I haven't touched it in ages, really don't care for it... But i've got it no less.

Damn, I had no idea i've had so many guitars lol.

Last edited by Bahamut; 08-25-2005 at 07:30 AM.
post #33 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 07:53 AM

Ibanez RG421 - Royal Blue
Ibanez RG760 - 1992, Jewel Blue
Custom "Parts" Strat - for slide work and stuff

Next......Ibanez PGM301 will be on the way soon
post #34 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 10:34 AM

1. unknown classical
2. "Stafford" electric (cheap)
3. Hondo II Les Paul
4. Fender Stratocaster (1979 model)
5. Ripley stereo electric
6. 77 Gibson Flying V (sold)
7. Ibanez UV777GR (traded)
8. Warmoth scalloped Strat
9. Gibson Les Paul Standard (sold)
10. Ibanez RG 550 (1991 model)
11. Ibanez RG 550 (1991 model)
12. Ibanez UV777BK (from GR trade)
13. Ibanez RG 550 (2002, returned)
14. Ibanez RG 7421 (sold)
15. Ibanez RG 550 (1989 model)
16. Ibanez RG 7620 (sold)
17. Ibanez RG 1527 (returned)
18. Ibanez RG 550 (1991[?] model )
post #35 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 10:50 AM

Ibanez RG2027XVV-Beacuse they're awesome,rare and it was cheap.
Ibanez LACS Dino- Well,because it's the coolest guitar that Ibanez never made.
Ibanez IC300 (with Sperzels and EMG's fitted)- This guitar is sentimental as my Mother bought it for me. It kicks-ass with the EMG's too!

Gibson SG '02 model- It's a classic!
1979 Gibson Flying V (Artic-White)-The tone on this guitar is phenomenal! It's one of the best sounding guitars i've ever played and also seems to be increasing in value at an alarming rate.

Last edited by JTM45; 08-25-2005 at 10:56 AM.
post #36 of 54 (permalink) Old 08-25-2005, 11:09 AM

http://www.flothrukeyz.homestead.com...astonguay.html

^ Pictures of all my guitars and when and where I got them.

My next guitar would be either another 7620 or another UV.
post #37 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 09:53 PM

97 Simon & Patrick Pro flame maple acoustic. Used in 97. Pride of the fleet. S&P finally came to their senses last year and bumped them up to the $1200 mark.

94 MIJ Tele Custom reissue. Only stock item in the signal chain is the neck bucker. Texas special bridge, cts pots/orange drops, Switchcraft SG/Firebird toggle. Brass compendsated saddles. Bought used in 98.

82 Ibanez Artist AR105 Used in 99. Killer axe.

05 Art & Lutherie cedar 12. New in 05. Wanted a 12.

04 PRS SE Soapbar singlecut. Used in 05 (auction site) for $320. I looked on HC reviews and I guess I got the best deal in the world hehe. Always wanted a cherry LP special singlecut with P90's, or an SG, and this one feels like an SG with a LP-ish look. great guitar.

06 Custom Strat....built from parts by me. Wanted a alder bodied strat with vintage appointments, figured birdseye neck with an ebony board, abalone dots and real Jumbo frets. Didn't want to wait 6+ months, or spend the $3000+ for a fender custom shop strat, so I built my own for about $450.

Here's my next build. Parts are all in the mail as we speak.

Jackson DK2 style bolt on with SSH configuration with full size hotrail in bridge, single sized hotrail in neck, and a single coil middle. Natural finish. AAA flame top and headstock overlay. Bound dark rosewood fb with bluish pearl sharktooth inlays. Non-reverse headstock.

Last edited by Guitarminator; 01-18-2008 at 10:01 PM.
post #38 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 10:23 PM

1st- Yamaha Pacifica Tele
my dad gave it to me to play around on till he had enough money for an actual good guitar hah, it was 4 years ago

2nd- Fender American Deluxe
got it at morningstar music for my 15th birthday so 2 years ago. I loved SRV more than anything at the time so I like needed a fender

3rd- Ibanez Rg2570
Got it last year as a Bday/Christmas present since If I would have gotten a Birthday present that year I probably couldn't have bought the guitar and a Boss Gt-Pro. I bought it from Rich and I have to say I want to buy from him for every future Ibanez. I got it because I was just out of my Straight Blues days and I wanted to be able to play other things such as Vai or Satch and not have to retune everytime I touched my tremolo. Also the 24 frets was a sweet bonus

Next- ESP Edwards Kiko Signature
or
Jackson Dinky Eerie Dess Swirl with OFR upgrade
I really Love the Edwards Kiko Loureo signature guitar and I've always wanted to try 27 frets, and 12-27 are scalloped so that is a cool little feature . Also I've always wanted an OFR on a guitar so...

About the Jackson, I love the color and I've always wanted a Jackson (or ESP as you can tell from the Kiko sig)
post #39 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 10:48 PM

Currently:
Fender MIM deluxe fat strat with FR trem. Br p/u SD JB, Tex Mex in N & M
Fender MIM upgrade strat with 3 x SD Hot Rails
Fender MIM "Waynes World" strat Br SD JB jr, M SD Duckbucker, N SD Lil' 59
Squier MIJ Strat (lefty)
Gibson Explorer (1981) EMG 85 & 81
Gibson SG Standard Br SD Duncan Custom
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fernandes Les Paul Jr (early 80's)
Samick Mini Les Paul (like EVH "Little Guitars" guitar)
Cole Clark FL2 12 string accoustic
Cole Clark FL1 6 string accoustic
Vintage fretless Jazz bass (Fender copy)
Epiphone Non-Reverse body Thunderbird 5 string bass
Marshall LM6100 head through a Jackson Quad box
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah wah
I don't really use any other effects but occasionally pull out a Boss Super Chorus and a Boss ME50.

What I miss (or shouldn't have sold or broken)
Gibson Les Paul Standard (1973) Sunburst w/ EMG's (81's I think)
Ibanez Les Paul Law suit from mid 70's w/ Super 70's p/u
Ibanez Flying V Law suit (Korina, glued neck.. the works) again mid 70's with Super 70's
Marshall JCM 800 (mid 80's 100w)
My Old Cry Baby (stolen)
post #40 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 12:17 AM

First one I got was an Aria Pro II back in like '86 or '87.

My parents got it for me for Xmas one year.

The first guitar I ever bought myself was in '88 and I still have it: Charvel model 4. I paid around $700 brand new. It took FOREVER to save up to get it at that age and those wages!

Not sure what is next?

I know I'll get another Gibson Explorer this year but I don't know what Ibanez or other guitar my come my way this year?
post #41 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by learningtolive View Post
Next guitar: Ibanez JEM7VWH. Can't wait for this, it just sounds so amazing, especially when coupled with the amp I'm planning on getting soon - Mesa F50.
I have both and love them both. I do plan to change the bridge pup out to an EvoII soon.

The RGT3120 is a heck of a nice axe too. I have the RGT3020 and wow! Ibanez weren't just fooling around when they made these
post #42 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 01:41 AM

I've had maybe 10-12 over the years, but believe it or not, I'm down to only ONE guitar right now. I've never played or heard a better one though. There's something about getting a custom guitar made to exactly your specs that no stock guitar can match. It's a Jackson swirl body with a handmade custom neck - flame maple (triple color stain on the back) with a cocobolo fretboard, abalone purfling and custom abalone inlay (12th fret and headstock). The pickups are all Dimarzios - Cruiser in the neck, Area 61 in the middle, and a Steve Special in the bridge. The trem is a Schaller Floyd Rose (basically an OFR but without anything sticking out that would require body routing). And, sperzel locking tuners.

post #43 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieguitarmaker View Post
Next- ESP Edwards Kiko Signature
or
Jackson Dinky Eerie Dess Swirl with OFR upgrade
I really Love the Edwards Kiko Loureo signature guitar and I've always wanted to try 27 frets, and 12-27 are scalloped so that is a cool little feature . Also I've always wanted an OFR on a guitar so...

About the Jackson, I love the color and I've always wanted a Jackson (or ESP as you can tell from the Kiko sig)
Heh, newbieguitarmaker, if you want some gas check out my post^. That's basically exactly what I did.
post #44 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 01:56 AM

Cool neck. I could picture that on a nice body from Warmoth with the same routing and shape in the same stain color as your neck. That would be pretty tastey
post #45 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddersymphony View Post
Heh, newbieguitarmaker, if you want some gas check out my post^. That's basically exactly what I did.
damn.. I want that inlay

Tags
abalone dots , acoustic guitar , alder bodied , alder body , amp combo , bass amp , basswood body , beautiful guitar , boss chorus , bridge pickup , bridge pup , bridge saddles , candy apple red , carvin bolt , charvel model , chorus pedal , custom guitar , custom shop , dean markley , dimarzio blue velvet , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf pro , dimarzio steve , dimarzio super distortion , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tonezone , dunlop crybaby , ebony board , ebony fretboard , electric guitar , epi les paul , epiphone les paul , epiphone les paul custom , ernie ball , fat strat , fender custom shop , fender strat , fender stratocaster , fender telecaster , fernandes sustainer , fixed bridge , flame maple , flamed maple , floyd rose , gibson les paul , gibson les paul classic , gibson les paul standard , guitar players , headstock overlay , ibanez jem , ibanez les paul , ibanez neck , ibanez pgm , ibanez rbm , ibanez rgt , ibanez roadstar , jackson dinky , jason becker , jim dunlop , jumbo frets , kramer pacer , les paul , les paul classic , les paul custom , les paul standard , les pauls , lgm guitars , local music shop , locking tuners , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , mexican strat , mij strat , music store , neck joint , neck joints , neck pickup , neck split , neck thru , paf pro , peavey wolfgang , playing guitar , prs mccarty , reverse headstock , schaller floyd rose , schecter revenger , seymour duncan , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , shred machine , signature guitar , sounding guitar , sperzel locking , sperzel locking tuners , squier strat , steve vai , strat body , strat bridge , string acoustic , string bass , string tree , string trees , super distortion , sustainiac stealth plus , thicker necks , trem guitar , tung oil , van halen , wilkinson trem , yamaha pacifica , yamaha rgx , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode