WHAT GUITAR HAVE YOU GOT WHERE WHEN WHY AND YOUR NEXT - Page 4 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 02:17 AM

Re: WHAT GUITAR HAVE YOU GOT WHERE WHEN WHY AND YOUR NEXT

Eh, Warmoth's prices for nice bodies are pretty outrageous most of the time. The stain is actually the same colors as the body - green purple and blue, but not as dark. It's very hard to capture in a picture. I'm actually currently working on a second custom guitar, all natural wood . A highly flamed maple fretboard w/a maple neck, white korina body with a quilt maple top, dimarzios, tonepros bridge and sperzel locking tuners.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieguitarmaker View Post
damn.. I want that inlay
Haha well, wouldnt you want something one of a kind for yourself? I appreciate the comment though
post #48 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarminator View Post
97 Simon & Patrick Pro flame maple acoustic. Used in 97. Pride of the fleet. S&P finally came to their senses last year and bumped them up to the $1200 mark.

94 MIJ Tele Custom reissue. Only stock item in the signal chain is the neck bucker. Texas special bridge, cts pots/orange drops, Switchcraft SG/Firebird toggle. Brass compendsated saddles. Bought used in 98.

82 Ibanez Artist AR105 Used in 99. Killer axe.

05 Art & Lutherie cedar 12. New in 05. Wanted a 12.

04 PRS SE Soapbar singlecut. Used in 05 (auction site) for $320. I looked on HC reviews and I guess I got the best deal in the world hehe. Always wanted a cherry LP special singlecut with P90's, or an SG, and this one feels like an SG with a LP-ish look. great guitar.

06 Custom Strat....built from parts by me. Wanted a alder bodied strat with vintage appointments, figured birdseye neck with an ebony board, abalone dots and real Jumbo frets. Didn't want to wait 6+ months, or spend the $3000+ for a fender custom shop strat, so I built my own for about $450.

Here's my next build. Parts are all in the mail as we speak.

Jackson DK2 style bolt on with SSH configuration with full size hotrail in bridge, single sized hotrail in neck, and a single coil middle. Natural finish. AAA flame top and headstock overlay. Bound dark rosewood fb with bluish pearl sharktooth inlays. Non-reverse headstock.
Holy necro Batman! What is with these old threads that keep coming up?
post #49 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 04:05 AM

New forum goer (aka Guitarminator) browses a lota threads, finds a cool one to contribute to, and contributes. Other recent forum sign-up-ees follow suit.
post #50 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-19-2008, 06:42 AM

1st guitar: Jem777dy
where: in a shop in Bolzano Italy
when: about 11 years ago
why: it was my dreams guitar
how: I saw it, it was quite cheap and i got it

2nd guitar: Rg47fmtbl
where: from a friend of mine
when: about 1 and a half years ago
why: I really needed a backup guitar
how: my friend wasn't playing it anymore and so he quite made a present to me!

Next: maybe an UV777Pbk
post #51 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 08:28 AM

1st Guitar: A low-mid range Classical Guitar
Where: from a shop
When: I was 12
Why: My mum wants me to play guitar.
How: I couldnt remember it was so long ago.

2nd Guitar: '97 Ibanez RG270 Japan
Where: from a shop (second hand)
When: I was 15
Why: I wanted to learn electric guitar
How: My mum bought it. He wants me to play guitar.
It was stoled and i stop playing about 2 yrs

2nd Guitar: '07 Ibanez Jem7WVH
Where: ibanez distributor
When: June 2007
Why: I want a guitar and ibanez my only option cause of payment issues.
I tried, tried, tried and choose this jem.
How: My mum bought it again and now i have insurance i dont worry about someone will steal it lol.

Conclusion: Thanks my mum for everything She really supported me.

Next Guitar: a deluxe ash strat.
post #52 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 03:22 PM

From the beginning:

Behringer strat copy, used, came with amp and strap, no cable or anything either.
This guitar was okay, till I tried to play some metal (the low E open string chuggy type) and the saddle flipped 90 degrees.
'98-ish squier affinity strat, I was very young when this guitar was bought, 12 when it was in my use, my dad gave it to me after the behringer broke.
Dean baby V, used, repainted satin black from a metallic purple, did me well for a while, though the pickups were terrible and tinny, my need for a trem kicked in so hard and it is now in pieces awaiting modding.
Ibanez S470 in black, got for christmas last year, now she's awaiting a new neck (maple fretboard), new paintjob and some DiMarzios.
Carvin Bolt T, got this christmas (and it hit mine and my parents pockets hard, £150 from me, £150 from my mum and £300 from my dad, well my dad could afforf it but me and my mum couldnt) so far very happy but I can see me sticking it into a HSH or HSS config.

Next guitar, umm, probably a BC Rich gunslinger Retro, or a JEM, JS or PGM of the bay.
post #53 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-20-2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreddersymphony View Post
I've had maybe 10-12 over the years, but believe it or not, I'm down to only ONE guitar right now. I've never played or heard a better one though. There's something about getting a custom guitar made to exactly your specs that no stock guitar can match. It's a Jackson swirl body with a handmade custom neck - flame maple (triple color stain on the back) with a cocobolo fretboard, abalone purfling and custom abalone inlay (12th fret and headstock). The pickups are all Dimarzios - Cruiser in the neck, Area 61 in the middle, and a Steve Special in the bridge. The trem is a Schaller Floyd Rose (basically an OFR but without anything sticking out that would require body routing). And, sperzel locking tuners.

i want that guitar now. i want it
post #54 of 54 (permalink) Old 01-21-2008, 08:08 AM

Shreddersymphony, that is just beautiful. Did you design that neck and headstock yourself?

Tags
abalone dots , acoustic guitar , alder bodied , alder body , amp combo , bass amp , basswood body , beautiful guitar , boss chorus , bridge pickup , bridge pup , bridge saddles , candy apple red , carvin bolt , charvel model , chorus pedal , custom guitar , custom shop , dean markley , dimarzio blue velvet , dimarzio evo , dimarzio evolution , dimarzio paf , dimarzio paf pro , dimarzio steve , dimarzio super distortion , dimarzio tone , dimarzio tonezone , dunlop crybaby , ebony board , ebony fretboard , electric guitar , epi les paul , epiphone les paul , epiphone les paul custom , ernie ball , fat strat , fender custom shop , fender strat , fender stratocaster , fender telecaster , fernandes sustainer , fixed bridge , flame maple , flamed maple , floyd rose , gibson les paul , gibson les paul classic , gibson les paul standard , guitar players , headstock overlay , ibanez jem , ibanez les paul , ibanez neck , ibanez pgm , ibanez rbm , ibanez rgt , ibanez roadstar , jackson dinky , jason becker , jim dunlop , jumbo frets , kramer pacer , les paul , les paul classic , les paul custom , les paul standard , les pauls , lgm guitars , local music shop , locking tuners , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , mexican strat , mij strat , music store , neck joint , neck joints , neck pickup , neck split , neck thru , paf pro , peavey wolfgang , playing guitar , prs mccarty , reverse headstock , schaller floyd rose , schecter revenger , seymour duncan , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays , shred machine , signature guitar , sounding guitar , sperzel locking , sperzel locking tuners , squier strat , steve vai , strat body , strat bridge , string acoustic , string bass , string tree , string trees , super distortion , sustainiac stealth plus , thicker necks , trem guitar , tung oil , van halen , wilkinson trem , yamaha pacifica , yamaha rgx , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode