What WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH - Page 2 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 08:54 AM

Reviews: 18
Re: What WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I have the 535Q and got it off the bay for about 65 shipped NOS. I like the versatility of the pedal and the way it can give you a more pronounced wah sound.

Jimmy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I think I'll be in GuitarCenter tomorrow. Never been in one before since there arnt any back home and Ive got time today to go on the internet to check emails and stuff.

florida rocks! Its just perfect just now. not to hot and well, nothing as cold as scotland.
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 03:21 PM

don't know about u guys, but I don't use a WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I use a wah pedal.

lol jk guys. I use my boss gt-8's one. Always on the CFH setting though.
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 03:23 PM

+1 535q great sounds!
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 03:31 PM

Reviews: 18
Smile Re: What WAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyo1299 View Post
don't know about u guys, but I don't use a WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I use a wah pedal.

lol jk guys. I use my boss gt-8's one. Always on the CFH setting though.
Real Men use separate wah pedals

Jimmy
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylay00 View Post
Teese RMC3
^If you've got the money, this is definitely the way to go. If not, the Dunlop CFH is probably the best wah pedal I've tried.
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb4674 View Post
Real Men use separate wah pedals

Jimmy

well guess what, I'm a teenager, not a real man, so i don't have money like real men do, or else i would have a separate wah. . But seeing as you're a "real" man, you must have enough $$ to buy me a separate wah. I'd like the Weeping demon please, i liked it when i tried it. I'll PM you my address
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 10:26 PM

fulltone clyde. i use the original bad horsie...not really a fan of vintage type wahs, tho.

rich
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

well Im now a proud owner of an Ibanez weeping deamon. The guys in Guitar Center told me it was an "awesome pedal"

I would go back there, but I dont live in America so ya know getting back there might be a bit of a hassel.
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Banned

ive just bought a zak wylde sig wah wah.man its awsome more distortion you use better it sounds.
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 12:01 AM

I like alot of us here seem to use wah quite a lot. My 1st was a morley wah this thing bent light from a led rather than use a pot. This was good but I got too much hiss in the sound if I left it on and used it as a tone filter. Next I had a Jimi Hendrix wah (jim dunlop) loved the sound but took a while to get used to the very small sweep of sound. Then I got a standard cry baby I still use it today. MIght have to try the true bypass and resistor mod tho. What resistors need to be changed?? If anyone would like to PM me on this, would be greatly appreciated.
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 02:22 AM

I've been wondering which Wah pedal to get myself, and I have my eyes set on the 535Q. I've been reading reviews on it, and A TON of reviews claim that this pedal isn't very reliable....switches dying, pedal itself dying, excessive feedback etc. etc.

Can anyone confirm this?

And oh yeah, the CFH also seems to be REALLY popular, but with a name like that and as a Dimebag signature, is it really suited for more "mellow" wah sounds like Satriani? I'm shooting for his sound

Last edited by Fang; 12-11-2007 at 02:31 AM. Reason: forgot to ask
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heffergm View Post
Ibanez Weeping Demon. Fully configurable in both wah range and foot pedal setup (i.e. footswitch activation or standard pedal type on/off). Best wah I've used.
It must depend on the rig you use because I tried one and it was total mush. Strange considering I hear people raving about them. I have a Boss FW-3 wah here and its fantastic by comparison and I'm totally happy with it. Old POS wins here
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang View Post
I've been wondering which Wah pedal to get myself, and I have my eyes set on the 535Q. I've been reading reviews on it, and A TON of reviews claim that this pedal isn't very reliable....switches dying, pedal itself dying, excessive feedback etc. etc.

Can anyone confirm this?

And oh yeah, the CFH also seems to be REALLY popular, but with a name like that and as a Dimebag signature, is it really suited for more "mellow" wah sounds like Satriani? I'm shooting for his sound
I got myself a 535Q probably about 8 or 9 years ago and it's still going. I used it a lot back in the day too, so it put up with a lot.

I love the 535Q - it has so many different sound capabilities if you're willing to play with the knobs a bit.
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelodyMan View Post
I got myself a 535Q probably about 8 or 9 years ago and it's still going. I used it a lot back in the day too, so it put up with a lot.

I love the 535Q - it has so many different sound capabilities if you're willing to play with the knobs a bit.
I love my 535Q

Tags
ibanez weeping demon , jim dunlop , jimi hendrix , morley wah , teese rmc , wah pedal , wah pedals

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode