What is your dream rig? - Page 2 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 03:56 PM

Re: What is your dream rig?

I'd pretty much stick with the gear that I currently have, but I'd love to be able to pack it all into a shock-mounted rack case.

-Bogner EL34 Shiva
-Matchless Chieftain (Mark Sampson-era)

Ideally, I'd have both heads running through a splitter that would allow for them to be used either together or independantly with (2) different inputs (for piezos.) I'd run the Bogner through a Shiva 2x12" cab and the Matchless through a 2x12" Matchless cab (custom Celestions).

I'd also like a super-cool Trailer Trash pedalboard with a light-up Matchless logo (http://www.trailertrashpedalboards.com/).

On the board would be more or less what I already have:
-(2) original Ibanez TS-808 Tube Screamers
-Zvex Super Duper Boost
-Teese RMC3 Wah
-Boss TU-2 Tuner
-Boss NS-2 Noise Filter
-Line 6 DL-4 Delay modeler
-MXR EVH Phase 90
-Fulltone Ultimate Octave
-VooDoo Labs Microvibe
-Ernie Ball Jr. Volume Pedal

Pretty simple really. More a matter of repackaging what I already have
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 05:35 PM

Simple.

JCM 800, JD Crybaby, DS-1, DD-3, Wolfgang.
post #18 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 07:38 PM
Gex

Laney VH100R, Orange 4x12
Cornford RK50H, matching 4x12

And a nice long cable.

No pedals, racks, or any other gadgets for me. Just the fingers.
post #19 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1681 View Post
I'm always interested in learning about new gear and the best way to learn is to find out what other people like. So without further ado, what would you have in your end all be all rig?

For me it would be a 10-space shock mount rack containing (from top to bottom):

Furman PL-Plus power conditioner
Dunlop DCR-2SR Crybaby Rack Module
Mesa/Boogie TriAxis
CAE 4x4
Pedal drawer with an NS-2, Small Stone, BF-2i, CH-1, and DD-3)
Mesa/Boogie 20/20
Mesa/Boogie Simul 2:90

2 straight 4x12 Mesa Stilettos loaded like the MK cabs of old

Pedalboard would consist of (from left to right):

CAE RS-10 Controller
EB VP 250k Volume pedal (Controller for Wah)
Boss TU-2
EB VP 250k Volume pedal
Why the 20/20 and the 2:90?
post #20 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 08:32 PM

At this point in time I'd like:

Dr. Z Stang Ray and Route 66, each with a 2x12 (got one nice one already), and a switcher to switch between them.

On the floor I'd like to have a:

Maxon AD9
Another overdrive (modded TS-9 or SD-9 maybe?)
Ernie Ball Volume pedal
Teese RMC1 wah (or a Wizard wah, or both)

For noise-making needs, I'd like a:

Big Muff
MXR Blue Box
Boss DD-20
Boss RC-20/RC-2 or Akai Headrush.

I would also like to get a Mesa Studio Pre, a Rocktron Intelliflex, and a good MIDI controller for my current rack. A Yamaha DG-1000 and maybe one of the Yamaha DG 1x12 amps would be nice to have too (I love the Yamaha DG stuff).

I would also like a Behringer FCB1010 for my laptop looping/guitar/electronica rig.

I haven't actually tried all these amps, but they just seem like they'd be right up my alley. I'd also like to try the Suhr Badger...
post #21 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-11-2007, 03:01 AM

Reviews: 13
Cool Re: What is your dream rig?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
I laughed...
Thanks, I'm glad somebody did.
post #22 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-14-2007, 01:09 AM

Im happy with my mex strat but I guess My dream rig would be

Guitars:

Gibson Les Paul Standard (or Classic) Cherry Sunburst Colour with Seymour Duncan Pickups,
Kramer Jersy Star, Black Colour
Fender American Strat with HSH Config (Or HSS) and a Non-Recessed Floyd (Cherry Sunburst Colour)
Fender American Telecaster (metallic red colour)

Amp:

Marshall DSL50 or 100
THD Hotplate

Effects: (Already got most of the effects Ive wanted: Boss DS-1, Dunlop Crybaby Wah)

Boss DD-6 delay

Last edited by slashrox; 01-14-2007 at 01:15 AM.
post #23 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-21-2007, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2

Nearly a year later, resurrected out of boredom

Any changes/amendments/updates?

I actually don't think I'd change a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxadam View Post
Why the 20/20 and the 2:90?
Never saw this at the time. I'd like the 20/20 to power 2 1x12 wedges for personal monitors
post #24 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1681 View Post
What would you have in your end all be all rig?
pretty much this..Just replace the 2:90 with a 2:95 and forgo the custom switcher for a simple Ground Control..The 2290, power amp and triaxis have to stay, I could just get a G-major for any modulation effects.

with 2x Legacy 2x12 for stereo.
post #25 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 03:09 AM

Reviews: 12

Quote:
Just replace the 2:90 with a 2:95
ya prefer the 2:95? I actually came from owning 2 2:95 [both versions] and wasn't getting the oomph I was lookin for, until you crank it to 6 or 7... I finally got a 2:90 over the summer and i couldn't be any happier. I sold the front-volume knob 2:95 for a stupid low price [had to bring up funds for a school project, fast :\]. If I had known you were looking for one a couple years back...
Aren't the 2290's the G-Major's/G-Force's predecessor?

as for my dream rig: working on it... I'll post pic later but it currently has:
ENGL 530
ENGL Z-11 switcher
G-Major
Rocktron Hush IICX
Mesa 2:90
Furman PL-8 Plus
2 Space drawer
Mesa oversized 4x12 recto cab [2 Black Shadows top + 2 Vintage 30's bottom]
all loaded in a 16-space Mesa SUS-4 [I started from 4 and gradually ended up with this beast, actually made some bank in the process :P]
I have yet to get back the Mesa V-Twin I sold to a friend of mine but that's going in the rack once I either get a GCX or a Switchblade and solid Midi controller.
Ibanez WD-7 wah, i really stopped using pedals many years ago until I tried and bought a new one.

On a tangent; I'd love to have these as part of my setup:
VHT GP3 + ENGL 570 + Mesa Triaxis
ISP ProRack G
Eventide Eclipse + G-Force
Switchblade 8B
Mesa 3:95 or a purple-faced VHT 2150
And an Orange 1x12 amp for those mellow moments...

on an extreme tangent:
1U rackmounted solid-state multitrack hardDisk recorder that takes inputs directly from any of the preamp's record-outs while you're playing. [does anyone know if this is actually possible or can be custom built???]

Reg

Last edited by reguv760; 12-22-2007 at 03:36 AM.
post #26 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 03:50 AM

When other posters have listed their dream rig, is the list compiled from kit you've played but just don't have the funds to buy or is it just a blind list of desirable kit ?

I used to be into the 'must have a rack and 50 different heads' thing and drew up ever increasing lists of top drawer gear - Lonestars, G-Force's, Eventides, switiching systems, Triaxis's, JMP's, ADA's and then you realise that you've never even seen an Eventide let alone played through one and your making your list based around the fact that Mr Guitar God plays with a similar rig.

Anyhoo, my dream rig = Cornford MK50 + TS9* + Dunlop Wah

No rack, no midi, no pose appeal. Just pure simple tone!

I've played through a MK1 and loved it and will get one as soon as I can (Mrs TequilaKing says we can't afford one) I do have a TS9 and the wah so I keep telling her indoors that I'm 2/3's of the way there

*optional
post #27 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 02:53 AM

Hmm...

Guitars:
Fender Stratocaster, modded to my specs
Ibanez JEM77BRMR
Gibson Explorer

Pedals:
Vox Clyde McCoy Wah
MXR Phase 90
Boss BD-2 Blues Driver pedal
Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal
Boss ML-2 Metal Core pedal
Line6 DL-4 Delay Modeler

Amps (one):
Vox AC30
Orange Double Stack
Ashdown Fallen Angel FA60
Carvin 2x12 Legacy combo
Fender 410 Hot Rod DeVille
Bogner Shiva combo

So far I've got the strat just need to mod it, got the phase 90, and will get one of the pedals soon. I'd REALLY like that Orange and the BRMR, problem is you can't find the Orange anywhere and I don't have enough dough for the BRMR yet

Last edited by CityofBlindingLights; 12-23-2007 at 06:23 PM.
post #28 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 10:49 AM

man, i can never really decide

I'll skip on guitars, it would take to long. pretty much a prs, ibanez and gibson sg selection.

amps:
VHT pitbull 120 head and matching two cabs - two of them (2x)
Engl Powerball head and avatar 4x12 cabs

Effects:

Gt-8 running the vht's

then the following effects in line with the engl:
Boss super chorus
Keeley modded ds-1
boss dd-6 delay
boss flanger
Boss phaser
Morley wah, don't know which one

Pretty complicated, but it would work. I would have a two way switcher switching between the (gt-8 and the vht's) and the (effects and engls)

May be pretty complicated, i would sometimes narrow it down to just the vht's and gt-8.
post #29 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 11:36 AM

I don't know about all these VHT, Diezel, Engl etc amps... never played any.
What I do know is that at one point I had a Gibson M3, Zoom G9.2tt and a Marshall 6101 + matching 6912 cab. I connected it with the 4-cable method and midi-switching.
That was a pretty kick-ass setup to me. I had lots of tones on tap, because both the amp and guitar were very versatile. Every single tone was incredibly good aswell

I guess my dream rig would be much like that, except with two 6101s playing in stereo.
I guess the M3 is one of Gibson's best-kept secrets, and the 6101 is one of Marshall's best-kept secrets.
post #30 of 58 (permalink) Old 12-25-2007, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasbane View Post
ya prefer the 2:95? I actually came from owning 2 2:95 [both versions] and wasn't getting the oomph I was lookin for, until you crank it to 6 or 7... I finally got a 2:90 over the summer and i couldn't be any happier. I sold the front-volume knob 2:95 for a stupid low price [had to bring up funds for a school project, fast :\]. If I had known you were looking for one a couple years back...
Aren't the 2290's the G-Major's/G-Force's predecessor?
I always thought the 2:95 was bit more toneful, had a better bottom end and well, cooler than the 2:90. Because they have a bit more headroom, yeah, your gonna have to crank it a bit more to get more response out of the tubes, but I would just powersoak it down anyways for bedroom level fun.

the 2290 is a totally different beast than the G series. Its only used for mostly delays, but I guess you could call it the prerunner, but its really TC's flagship machine, and everything else they've made since cant even come close, its really one of my mains goals is to get one, a true dream.. You can literally design a delay from the wave form up with it, no other delay unit in the world has ever been as controllable than a 2290, thats why there still in high demand and some players like Petrucci and Gilmour refuse to pretty much use anything else because it doesn't color the tone at all, unlike the G series. They really need to reissue this beast, and with todays technology these things should be super cheap to make.

Tags
ball volume pedal , bbe sonic , bbe sonic maximizer , behringer fcb , bogner shiva , boogie road king , boogie triaxis , boss chorus , caparison horus , celestion vintage , chorus pedal , combo amp , digitech whammy , digitech whammy pedal , dimarzio evo , distortion pedal , dual rectifier , duncan pickups , dunlop crybaby , dunlop wah , engl powerball , eric johnson , ernie ball , ernie ball volume pedal , eventide eclipse , evh phase , expression pedal , expression pedals , fender strat , fender stratocaster , fender twin , fender twin reverb , fixed bridge , furman power conditioner , gibson les paul , gibson les paul standard , ibanez jem , isp decimator , jim dunlop , keeley mod , lace sensor , lace sensors , les paul , les paul standard , les pauls , marshall cabs , marshall dsl , mesa boogie , mesa boogie mark , mesa boogie rectifier , mesa mark , mesa nomad , mesa road king , mesa triaxis , midi controller , monster cable , morley wah , mxr evh phase , mxr phase , pedal board , peterson strobostomp , power amp , rack wah , recto cab , ritchie blackmore , rocktron hush , scalloped fretboard , seymour duncan , seymour duncan pickups , sonic maximizer , space rack , teese rmc , thd hotplate , tube combo , twin reverb , uber metal , van halen , volume pedal , volume pedals , voodoo lab , voodoo labs , whammy pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode