WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST GUITAR / AMP combo and at what age? - Page 4 - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 02:21 AM

I was 14. Worked for dad all of spring break to save the $100 to buy an ElDegas LP Copy from my guitar teacher. It's been mostly in pieces for 10 of the 12 years I've owned it. I plan to have it restored by Christmas!

First amp was a Fender Sidekick 25 that I still have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 08:36 AM

I was going to post and say what mine was, but then I realized I already answered, 2 years ago!

It's still the same guitar, obviously.
post #48 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 09:39 AM

Sunburst Status strat copy and a Marathon MX3 amp with only volume and tone controls. Six months later I got an Arion Metal Plus distortion pedal and I was unstoppable. I still have all three.
post #49 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 10:42 AM
RCB

I was 13 or 14. It was a fluo green piece of crap. It wasnt even made of wood (it was a material made of wood dust and scraps glued toghether). It weighted a ton. It costed 20 bucks (new). Ihad no amp and I used a casette player as an amp (cranked up with all lows, mids and treble boosted to get it to soun distorted).

I dont know where that pice of sh.... is now, and I couldnt care less.

This was my "set up" for about a year and a half. May be thats why I cant stop buying guitars now.
post #50 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 12:06 PM

When I was 12 or 13 I got some money for my birthday and I bought a black stratocaster copy called "Rock It" and a Peavey Rage 108 amp.

Later on I got myself a Guitar Workshop custom stratocaster and a Peavey Classic 50. Later on I bought a Jackson and a RG760 that I sold before I got myself a RG7621 wich is my main guitar now, plugged into a Mesa/Boogie single rectifier.
post #51 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 05:24 PM

My first guitar and amp:

Profile Strat copy, with profile 10w amp (w/ gain!!) LOL.
I think I was 8 years old when I got these.

I remember wanting to have pointy guitars, and drooling at the Ibanez's and BC Rich's in the store. My idol at the time was C.C. Deville (*wil hides in shame...hehe), and all his guitars were colourful and pointy, so I wanted the same.

I remember working so hard and wanting a pointy guitar for so long. It was my main goal. Now all my guitars are pointy. YAY. hehehe

wil..
post #52 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-09-2004, 06:15 PM

Guitar: Epiphone G-400
Amp: Fender Frontman 15R

Thank God that's all in the past!
post #53 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 05:29 PM

My first guitar was a cheap Fender copy and an even cheap amp. I can't remember what brands they where . I think the shop where I bought it still has the guitar because I gave it back a few years later for a better one (Jem Jr.). Also I broke the trem twice on that thing !

Regards

André

PS. I actually miss the guitar a bit.

post #54 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 06:42 PM

First 'guitar' ever was this plastic guitar I had when I was 4 or so. Had the note names and everything (as if I cared back then), a lot better than the toy guitars on todays market. Kinda forgot about it for a while, but got really into rock at 12 so I knew I had to learn how to play. Got a Epiphone AJ-15 or something like that acoustic that I dig out now and again. Saved hard for a year until I could get my then dream guitar, a black Fender mex strat and a Peavey Rage 158.

3 years on and I still have them both, but I am in the process of buying a new guitar and amp (not including my short stint with a Fender Twin, man that thing just couldn't get the gain I wanted). Debating a 7 string (maybe universe or jp7) or maybe stick with 6 and get a jem7v or jp6. Probably coupled with an Ashdown Fallen Angel, I can't wait! We paperboys have to save a while though unfortunately...
post #55 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 07:26 PM

It was 1986, I was a freshman in high school and I got my first job mopping floors at Dunkin Donuts...I "splurged" and bought a white Hondo strat copy and the almighty 15 watt gorilla amp with a bright yellow cable. Then, in my electronics class, I built a distortion pedal. With those items, and a few issues of guitar for the practicing musician....I was unstoppable....those were the days
post #56 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 09:23 PM

When i was 15 and working at the local ski/snowboard mountain, i bought a strat copy(unsure of brand) and a nice little marshall amp(unsure of model) and I proceededto learn a bunch of AC/DC on it with my friend who was obsessed with Angus Young.
post #57 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-10-2004, 10:07 PM

Bass: Lotus Bass guitar with a Gorilla GB30 amp
Guitar: Peavey Predator with a Peavey Rage 158
post #58 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 10:04 AM

Squeir strat pack, age 16. lol .
post #59 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 11:54 AM

Age 5 I was playing my dad's 1954 Fender Esquire through an old Traynor tube amp. The first guitar and amp I bought for myself were at the age of 16. I bought a Gibson SG, and a Traynor Ts-200. (200watt solid state half stack)
post #60 of 126 (permalink) Old 11-12-2004, 12:21 PM

My first REAL guitar was a Squier Stratocaster. I really loved that guitar, and wish I still had it. My first REAL amp, was a Peavey Audition Chorus. Kinda wish I still had that, too...

I remember plugging my first guitar into the jack on the stereo, and blowing the speakers! Blue flames shot out of the grill cloth and everything! OOPS!

Tags
acoustic guitar , air norton , amp head , angus young , bass amp , black pickguard , boss metal zone , bridge position , caparison horus , charvel model , chorus pedal , combo amp , custom jem , dean markley , delay pedal , digitech whammy , dimarzio super distortion , distortion pedal , double neck , duncan invader , duncan pickups , electric guitar , engl screamer , engl thunder , epiphone les paul , fender bassman , fender princeton , fender princeton chorus , fender strat , fender stratocaster , fender super reverb , fender twin , fixed bridge , flextone iii , floyd rose , gain knob , gibson les paul , gibson les paul custom , grover tuners , guitar playing , guitar shop , heavy metal , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez jpm , ibanez neck , ibanez roadstar , jackson dinky , jem vsbl , jem vwh , jsx head , killer guitar , kramer baretta , les paul , les paul custom , local guitar shop , locking nut , maple neck , marshall amp , marshall jtm , marshall valvestate , mesa boogie , mesa boogie mark , mesa boogie triple , mesa recto , mij strat , monkey grip , music store , mxr distortion , neck thru , nylon strings , peavey bandit , peavey classic , peavey jsx , peavey jsx head , peavey wolfgang , pickup switch , playing guitar , pointy headstock , powersound pickups , practice amp , recto cab , rosewood fingerboard , scalloped neck , seymour duncan , slant cab , squier strat , squire strat , strat style , super distortion , tobacco sunburst , tremolo bar , triple rectifier , tube amp , van halen , vox tonelab , white pickguard , yamaha pacifica , yamaha rgx , yngwie malmsteen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode