Where to buy a Fernandes sustainer? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 04:43 AM Thread Starter

Where to buy a Fernandes sustainer?

Do you know a trustable pace where I can buy a Fernandes sustainer? Rich from Ibanezrules does not sell them.....

They should ship interationally since I am in Europe but I prefere they are placed in the US (Europe is sooooo expensive.....)

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 08:41 AM

Re: Where to buy a Fernandes sustainer?

This place sells them and i'm pretty sure they ship internationally too;
http://www.aampselectricguitarstore....sustainer.html

Have you looked at the Sustainiac ?
It does the same thing and it does it better IMHO.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 12:06 PM

go to the fernandes site www.fernandesguitars.com and there a section were you can find dealers
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 12:32 PM

What's the difference between a 401 kit and a 101. From what I'm reading, it says the 101 comes with a Humbucking driver, but in the picture of the 401 kit, that shows a Humbucking too!

Does a standard 7VWH have to be routed to install one of these?

Cheers!

Owen
Ireland.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-05-2005, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ned78
What's the difference between a 401 kit and a 101. From what I'm reading, it says the 101 comes with a Humbucking driver, but in the picture of the 401 kit, that shows a Humbucking too!

Does a standard 7VWH have to be routed to install one of these?

Cheers!

Owen
Ireland.
The 101 is a more basic circuit and as you said it has a humbucker sized driver.
The 401 comes with a Fernandes bridge humbucker (which is what you can see in the picture) to replace your standard pickup but the driver itself is a single-coil sized one,like the one on Vai's 'Flo'.

You do have to route a 7VWH for the actual sustainer electronics PCB and for the battery.You also need to drill holes from the PCB cavity through the front of the guitar for the mini-switches.

The 'Sustainiac' takes up a lot less room and has a stronger 'pull' on the strings but still requires some routing which can be hidden under the pickguard.
You can also get the 'Sustainiac' in white which you can't with the Fernandes Sustainer. They only come in Black (to the public at least).

Tags
bridge hum , bridge humbucker , fernandes sustainer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode