Where to get hold of a D-tuna? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Where to get hold of a D-tuna?

Not quite sure where to post this topic, but i thought this section suited best.

Where can i get hold of a D-tuna to fit on a standard floyd rose?
For those that don't really know what i'm talking about, i'm talking about the Peavey "D-tuna's" that were fitted to their Peavey Wolfgangs that allowed the 6th string E to be dropped a tone.

Is it possible to buy these as retrofits to Original Floyd Roses? I saw a picture of a D-tuna packaged and such on the ESP website on a gallery for one of their custom guitars, so i'm wondering if it's possible i could get hold of one myself, chissle out my strat's bridge so it's recessed (don't worry, it's a cheapo one) and put it on

Anyways, any help or discussion is welcome!
C.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 08:27 PM

Re: Where to get hold of a D-tuna?

These can be bought and were at one time at least purchasable from musicians friend
I would personally just google it, as in go to www.google.com and surch for D-tuna for sale or something along those lines. It will only work right if you have a tremsetter cranked all the way *stiff as hell* or if your floyd is blocked so it only lowers pitch, of course you could always use a tremol-no too
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 09:09 PM

I would be careful about recessing your bridge and adding a d tuna. People tend to say they are an oxy moron. The whole concept of the d tuna (created by EVH) was to drop the e to a d on a NON-RECESSED floyd rose. You can use the search option to further research this topic.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Yeah i know it was on non-recessed trems, but i've seen people using the d-tuna and having it recessed, so it would be interesting to see.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 09:49 PM

The D-Tuna is available directly from VanHalenStore.com
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 10:43 PM

You can get a D-Tuna from Allparts. I actually managed to get two off Ed *YEARS* ago before they were available outside of buying a Peavey Wolfgang and installed it on a Jackson that I had. Gotta admit, it's pretty cool. Never really got much use out of it as I never really played in Drop 'D' though.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-15-2005, 02:04 PM

it wouldnt work on a floating one though, would it? unless you have one of these wack new floyd which are really stiff so you can change tunings. i own a wolfgang though, so im ok

Tags
custom guitar , custom guitars , floyd rose , peavey wolfgang , recessed trem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode