Who Makes Custom Parts? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Who Makes Custom Parts?

Hi Guys,

I'm a programmer so I apologize to anyone who considers this a basic question. I have an idea for a new tremolo system. Its only an idea in my head and on a 3D file right now.

The tremolo system I have in mind will be made up of various little components, similar in that respect to a normal Edge-style tremolo. What I would like to know is who exactly should I go to for getting all those various little components/parts, such as saddle-units, springs, tremolo mounting block etc., made:

I think I can find out about most of the other blue-print, legal etc. issues on the net, but please help me out specifically about:

1.) What type of person will be able to physically create a part according to any given plan?

2.) Roughly how long it would take to make/order these:
> Springs
> Screws

3.) How long would it take to have these made:
> Tremolo bar
> Tremolo mounting block
> Tremolo saddle unit (it just needs to be a specifically-shaped piece of metal)

4.) Would it take a lot of money to develop something like this.

Thank you very much for looking at this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 11:32 AM
EKG

Prototypes are always expensive. Trust me. After doing bike frames and guitars, I have learned

I would just search out local machine shops AND the local schools and colleges. The machine shop students/instructors might like to be involved in something like that.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 01:08 PM

Kevan would probably be able to lend some valuable insight into this subject. He should be back around the site next week hopefully.

Tags
tremolo bar , tremolo system

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode