Who uses the Zoom 9002? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2002, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Who uses the Zoom 9002?

I'm posting this because today i rediscovered my Zoom 9002 after years of not playing with it.

And oh man, what a fantastic unit for what it is! It is full with all the essential effects that have the right amount of tweeking parameteres and a few esoteric ones too (cry, ring mod, step). And i'm always amazed of how this baby sounds good direct to the board. It has a certain sound of it's own that is instantly recognizable. I'm not saying that it sounds like an amp, of course not, but to my ears the distortion sound direct to the board is great (and considering this was released way before the POD...)! I've done several demos with it and the distortion sound always sounds amazing. And if you don't believe this thing delivers "pro" results, listen to the solo in the beginning of "Beverly Hills" show. That's a 9002!

I love it. It's a little treasure that i'll always have.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2002, 09:57 AM

Who uses the Zoom 9002?

I loved mine, too. *It's got a low level hum now that's too annoying to me, so I replaced it with the PS02. *Maybe I'll ebay it (with a link to an MP3 of the hum; no ripping off eBayers...).

I DO think a clip would have been better than the "belt rails", but ya can't have everything.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2002, 01:49 PM

Who uses the Zoom 9002?

i´ve been *a user for years and i think it is wonderful unit, great piece of gear.
the only problem (and it is a big one) is that is very fragile and the battery has a short life and nowadays it is hard to find new ones.
richie sambora used it a lot and also dweezil zappa, great tones!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2002, 01:53 PM

Who uses the Zoom 9002?

I still have mine. *I really like the portability. *The Zoom and my VWH have traveled half way across the world with me. *Now that I am thinking about it I am going to play with it tonight.
Out,
Gregory
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2002, 07:32 PM

Who uses the Zoom 9002?

Bought mine over a POD!!!

Like I said in the other Zoom 9002 thread James Byrd uses one for all his home practising, only uses his Marshall's when recording.

And.....Yngwie used one of these for all his demo's from around 91-96!!!

What I like about it is that it has enough drive in it to make a Strat sound good - which to me the POD does not.

A great unit.
Andy
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2002, 09:00 PM

Who uses the Zoom 9002?

I had one up to 2 days ago

It did everything a rack unit would and sounded great, especially if you used headphone out to amp instead of lineout. *

Only problem was you could not switch patches without delay.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2002, 08:10 AM

Who uses the Zoom 9002?

I have a 9000 which I use for those really odd effects that they came with, cry, ring mod, etc. Other that I haven't used it that much. It was my main direct recording tool, until I got my POD a couple years ago.

Tags
dweezil zappa , richie sambora , strat sound

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode