Whoo hoo! new amp for me! - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

Whoo hoo! new amp for me!

I finally snagged one....

Behold the Marshall 2555SL "Slash" half stack.

The wife just got home with the camera, and I only picked up the amp yesterday.

Matching cabinet and even the snake skin covers.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 12:09 AM

Re: Whoo hoo! new amp for me!

Wow that looks sweet! Marshall galore! Post some clips/vids!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 12:15 AM

Congratulations! I assume it's some sort of modded JCM800? I admit I know nothing about them. Actually - isn't it just a reissue of the Jubilee? I bet it sounds awesome. I'm jealous.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 12:20 AM

ARRGGHHH Damn! I hate you aryton Congratz anyway.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 12:25 AM

Congrats man, Im very jealous. Of all the amps Ihad and sold thats the one I miss the most
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

This amp is the reason I put my 50 watt plexi up for sale. Can you believe someone traded this for a drum kit at GC?

My friend called me as soon as he saw it, and went down Monday and picked it up.

Unfortunately I am still suffering from the dental surgery I had last week, so no playing just yet.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
This amp is the reason I put my 50 watt plexi up for sale. Can you believe someone traded this for a drum kit at GC?

My friend called me as soon as he saw it, and went down Monday and picked it up.

Unfortunately I am still suffering from the dental surgery I had last week, so no playing just yet.
I got mine from a friend, for a friend price with the condition that if I sell it, it goes to a friend for the same price. I had to sell it because I needed money, and the guy who bought it decided he was going to make payments without telling me. I keep hoping it will come up for sale again, but this guy is in his mid 30s and still gets money from his mom whenever he wants. The worst part is he has well over 100 guitars and a ton of amps that dont get used.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

You can't get the guy to sell it back to you?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 02:44 PM

Nope, he doesnt sell gear just buys and buys and buys. This guys collection would make you sick. Brian Setzer Gretsches, Jems, Universes, tons of Hamers, a real Gibson double neck, tons of basses. I've seen him buy stuff too, usually he'll see something that looks nice, play a few D chords and pull out the credit card.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Nope, he doesnt sell gear just buys and buys and buys. This guys collection would make you sick. Brian Setzer Gretsches, Jems, Universes, tons of Hamers, a real Gibson double neck, tons of basses. I've seen him buy stuff too, usually he'll see something that looks nice, play a few D chords and pull out the credit card.
Can the guy actually play, or does he try to make up for the fact that he can't by buying up everything he can find?? I shouldn't rag on him since i don't know the guy at all, but that's sure what it seems if he only plays a couple simple chords then purchases. I dunno.. i love guitar stuff, but if i had endless money, i'd have a freaking nice house..

..Of course this guy probably has that, too. you'd kinda need a big place to keep hundreds of guitars and amps

Anyway cool amp. i'm not into slash's tone that much. A little too harsh for me. at least it was during the Appetite album which was pretty much the the only GNR i listened to, but i bet it can get some awesome tones regardless.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcbest View Post
Can the guy actually play, or does he try to make up for the fact that he can't by buying up everything he can find?? I shouldn't rag on him since i don't know the guy at all, but that's sure what it seems if he only plays a couple simple chords then purchases. I dunno.. i love guitar stuff, but if i had endless money, i'd have a freaking nice house..

The guy actually knows his theory and has taught for years, but if he spent as much time practicing as he does talking about Rush and Vai he'd be a monster player. As it stands, he's not so good.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post

I gotta know man, you can PM me if you want, or ignore me, but what did the whole thing set you back? Im just curious as to what they go for now.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 04:01 PM

Congrats dude! Is this suppose to sound like the modded marshall he used on Appetite?
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw_lefty View Post
Congrats dude! Is this suppose to sound like the modded marshall he used on Appetite?
It's basically a Jubilee with a Slash graphic. The Zakk Wylde Sig was the first Signature Marshall to be different than a production model.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-28-2008, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
I gotta know man, you can PM me if you want, or ignore me, but what did the whole thing set you back? Im just curious as to what they go for now.
PM sent...

I got the whole thing for less than what the head normally brings on the bay. I am very fortunate to have good friends, and this amp is a keeper.

Tags
double neck , modded marshall , production model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

jackson whoo
tommy des whoo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode