Who's played through or plays through the Line 6 Duoverb? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2003, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Who's played through or plays through the Line 6 Duoverb?

I was messing around the other day at the guitar store and saw the duoverb sitting there with a clearance sticker on it. I don't know too much about line 6 except they are digital modeling amps blah, blah, blah. All my friends don't like them whether they've played them or not simply becuase they aren't tube amps. (Most of them haven't even played them)

Anyway, I decided to grab a guitar and plug in to see what all the fuss was about. I think that you really need to have the manual handy because I had no idea what to do with it. I think I found one o.k. sound in all my experiments. The whole blend/split, amp A amp B thing was really kinda weird to understand without knowing exactly how to work it. The guy at the store tried a few things but couldn't really get it to sound that great either. Apparently, there are 4 presets so once you find something, you can save it? Problem is, you can't control it from the provided footswitch.

I was just wondering if this thing is any good? The thought of a digital modeling amp intrigues me a little bit but if this is what they are like then I will stay as far away as possible. I went back to my Musicians Friend catalogs when I got home and saw they originally came out at $1,300 then went down to $979 and now the store is trying to sell them for $800. Maybe this was just a bad idea for Line 6 as I normally only hear good things about them from the people that have played them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2003, 05:27 PM

I've got a Flextone II, and yea, it takes a while, and the manual, to figure it out completely, but you'll learn quick, and eventually you can get great tones as fast as anyone with a tube-amp-and-stomp-box-or-rack setup, in fact, faster sometimes. Line6's factory presets are mostly horrible, but with some tweaking, you can get lots of great tones out of it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2003, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

So is there any advantage to the duoverb over the flextone II or even the flextone III?
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-03-2003, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKnight
So is there any advantage to the duoverb over the flextone II or even the flextone III?
Well, the Flextone III and the Duoverb both beat the Flextone II simply because they're newer models with more features, beyond that it depends what you want:

Duoverb has the cool two-amps-at-once thing, which I like the idea of, but the Flextone III has the simple, yet powerful aspect. Lots of amps. If you wanted both, you'd have to go for the Vetta (and lose the "simple" part )
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-04-2003, 01:07 AM

Also the duoverb is kinda stripped down, with not too many effects. It appeals to the traditionalists who are looking for a modeling amp without any extra stuff, I guess...

Fabe
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-04-2003, 01:38 AM

the only reason to get a duoverb is for the two amps at once... otherwise get a HD147, or a Flextone III.

Tags
flextone iii , rack setup , tube amp , tube amps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode