Why weren't these out when I first started playing?? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 09:15 AM Thread Starter

Smile Why weren't these out when I first started playing??

I just got back from the local guitar shop and tried a little 15 watt Line 6 Spider II amp, sweet Jesus this thing rocked.

I took one of my guitars into the shop (PGM301) and nailed Gilbert's tone at bedroom levels almost as soon as I plugged it in! I figured something slightly different out so I didn't sound like a complete wannabe and was really REALLY impressed with the versatility, and the crazy amounts of gain!. Cool to have some effects on it too. In fact, the only thing I'd change on it would be that it should have a footsitch of some kind.

Now, I've spent (and wasted) hundreds and hundreds of £££'s on different amps trying to get awesome tone at bedroom levels and now I've nailed it. I just can't believe how awesome it sounds, and get this, the speaker is 8 INCHES. I just sort of wanted to post this so that anyone on a budget that likes to play at home can pick one up. It cost me £120 and I'm sure you can pick 'em up cheaper online. So, bedroom tone-freaks, pick one up!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 09:25 AM

Re: Why weren't these out when I first started playing??

Those things do make great 'bedroom' amps.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 09:26 AM Thread Starter

Just thought I'd throw this in, recent purchases:

Peavey 2x12 combo = bought for £150, sold for just under £60(!)
Laney VC50 = bought for £400-450, sold for £225
Marshall mini stack = bought for £120, sold for £80
HH combo = bought for £50, thrown away because it's garbage and nobody wanted it.

That's just in the past 12 months, and not including the sellers fees incured on evilbay.

Where's the razor blades?
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermau View Post
Those things do make great 'bedroom' amps.
Yeah, you can't crank 'em, but for a nice little practice amp it's absolutely perfect. 100% quality.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 11:07 AM

They're great practice amp, perhaps one of the finest, I tried out that amp and totally blows me away! But I long for larger watts amp which keep me away from buying it
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 11:27 AM

I had a go on a roland Cube the other weekend. The 15W (70) and the 30W (120).

Both totally blew me away. I've got some pretty serious amps; but they're way too powerful to actually use. My stack hasn't been gigged in years and years and years...

Anybody tried these little amps miked up or through a PA (they all seem to have a line out)?

Rock on
-Bob
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 11:47 AM

I don't think they're too bad(i'm selling my 75watt) but they have no effects loop which really angers me.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Ah, there we go. I'm a gain/clean guy, no need for loads of effects. It's nice to have a couple to mix in though like this has.

Tags
guitar shop , local guitar shop , practice amp , roland cube

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode