Will RG with Cliplocks fit in J-Craft case? - Jemsite
Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic Gear, Equipment, and Recording discussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

Will RG with Cliplocks fit in J-Craft case?

Good evening!

New guy around here, so I figured I'd just start with a question. I have a 2550z and I'm hesitant about Dimarzio Cliplock straps. When you have the little clip things on the guitar, would it still fit in a snug molded case like the J-Craft ones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64
Re: Will RG with Cliplocks fit in J-Craft case?

I just keep thinking to myself how do these people survive in real world ?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-27-2009, 10:38 PM

Yes, they fit fine.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 04:47 AM

lol
theyre a bit like opie from family guy
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 06:07 AM

Reviews: 13

It won't fit, You have to remove the elephant first..........
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Wow, I ask an honest question and this is the response I get. The tolerances in the J-Craft case are low and everything fits in snug when it is closed. I wanted to make sure that they would fit before spending the money to buy them and taking the time to install them.

Comments on my intelligence with crappy grammar and a Moderator letting that happen...yeah. At least he answered the question. I've lurked here for a while and, given what I've seen, should have known better about registering. "Fool me twice" and all that. I'm very sorry to say this since I wanted to be a part of the community, but given first impressions, this forum isn't worth my time.

Last edited by RedTiger; 08-28-2009 at 10:47 AM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 11:19 AM

Frankly, if you are that sensitive, perhaps this is not the forum for you.

A little ribbing is nothing to get worked up over, and is certainly nothing that needs any moderating.

Asked, answered, moving on...
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedTiger View Post
Wow, I ask an honest question and this is the response I get. The tolerances in the J-Craft case are low and everything fits in snug when it is closed. I wanted to make sure that they would fit before spending the money to buy them and taking the time to install them.

Comments on my intelligence with crappy grammar and a Moderator letting that happen...yeah. At least he answered the question. I've lurked here for a while and, given what I've seen, should have known better about registering. "Fool me twice" and all that. I'm very sorry to say this since I wanted to be a part of the community, but given first impressions, this forum isn't worth my time.
lol.. it happens from time to time. Stick around and you'll see that this community is cool. Don't go away mad... just go away... sorry couldn't resist it. Peace.

Regards,
Nelson
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 12:07 PM

Yeah, we all take a shot in the face from time to time.

No worries.

I've learned so much from the resources here at Jemsite, I'd hate to think you'd miss that opportunity as well. The times I've seen noobs pounced on, most of the time has been because of lack of detail in their questions.

If you'd added this
Quote:
The tolerances in the J-Craft case are low and everything fits in snug when it is closed. I wanted to make sure that they would fit before spending the money to buy them and taking the time to install them.
at the end of your post you probably wouldn't have had any problems.

For what it's worth, welcome to Jemsite.

Geoff
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 01:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
Frankly, if you are that sensitive, perhaps this is not the forum for you.

A little ribbing is nothing to get worked up over, and is certainly nothing that needs any moderating.

Asked, answered, moving on...
When dealing with people on the internet, I try my best to ask "would I say that to the person's face?". If the answer is no, I don't post it. I'm probably in a microscopic minority here, but its the priniciple of the thing. Just because you can doesn't mean you should, eh?

I frequent VERY few forums but use the same user name. The forums I do frequent enforce no-flaming rules very uniformly. They like to keep things civil and respectful, make people feel welcome. There's a good chance that forum "noob" isn't a "noob" at all and could be an awesome person to have around when its time for an expert's opinion. If someone starts eating the young at those places, others are likely to start telling the flamer to take a hike long before the mods get involved.

With that being said, forums are private property run by the admin and their moderators as they see fit. I'll respect your opinion Aryton. This was more of a case of disbelief that my first post asking an honest question was flamed. Since my last post, my feeling has been more of "Oh, yeah, The Internet, I get it. Not everyone can control themselves".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLG421 View Post

If you'd added this

at the end of your post you probably wouldn't have had any problems.

For what it's worth, welcome to Jemsite.

Geoff
Seeing as how this is JEMsite, the site where people talk about expensive Ibanez guitars, I figured that people were familiar with J-Craft cases. I have plenty of solid SKB cases, but the J-Craft ones are the only I've seen where the guitar sits completely in the body mold. The inside of the lid is built with this in mind. If you have little doodads hanging off of strap buttons, there could be some problems near the strap buttons when trying to fit the guitar in the mold or when it comes time to close the case. This isn't a very complicated concept, I didn't know I'd need to be specific.

And...thanks for the welcome. Maybe I'll stick around.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 01:11 PM

Perhaps someone stepped on 6fingers 6th digit so he felt like lashing out.

Don't let it bother you. Like all forums there are all kinds of people on here, some good, some bad, and some ugly. Try not to let it bother you and don't take things personal and you will do fine. Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by moebius; 08-28-2009 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Proof reading
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 02:01 PM

This is one of the better (if not best) Ibanez sites there is, and is well moderated by several fair minded individuals.

I am not sure what other forums you frequent, but nothing in this thread would qualify as "flaming" in my opinion.

That being said, hopefully you will spend some more time here and get a better feel for the place before making a decision to leave. I think you will find it as cool as we do.

Your question was answered, so there is nothing to gain by leaving this open.

Last edited by Ayrton; 08-29-2009 at 12:17 AM. Reason: grammer
Closed Thread

Tags
cliplock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode